NinCast64 (N64 emu)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hashmire420 »

im not one to understand archetextures, but im pretty sure there was a good ole' thing one here already called dosbox. Also the linux port had to use xfree86 if im not mistaken. But id love to hear how wrong i am so please enlighten me.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

i think he just meant he ported a x86 asm n64 cpu core over to the dreamcast sh4 also using asm
gnomes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gnomes »

12FPS no sound is better than it sounds. Realise that most N64 titles never broke 25FPS.

I was unaware there were any 4 megabyte N64 titles however, I thought the smallest was 8 megabytes.
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

zelda runs only at arround 17fps ingame all the time (if i can trust my emu) so playing n64 games at arround 17fps, which could be possible in future with out sound, shouldnt really be a problem.
just thinking that zelda may run on the dreamcast in some time makes me crazy (but i cant really believe a game like zelda will run at 17fps)
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

a lot of n64 games had horrible framerates. I think mario 64 which was the first n64 game had one of the best framerates on the system.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Umm, the emulator would have to process at 60 FPS in order to emulate Zelda at 17fps, that's the way emulation works...
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Tyne, can you please explain. Not to try to give you a hard time but i guess ive never understood the whole workings of emulators.
gnomes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gnomes »

Tyne wrote:Umm, the emulator would have to process at 60 FPS in order to emulate Zelda at 17fps, that's the way emulation works...
I don't believe so.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'll try to make this easy to understand...

The N64 is a 90MHz machine, if the emulator is only working at 12/60 frames of emulating the entire SYSTEM (not the game, this isn't like a port at all!) then it's essentially only emulating at 10MHz of the real 90MHz of the N64.. a games framerate may be 17 fps however it's still using all the power of the N64 to achieve those 17 frames per second..

Zelda 64 and every other game is going to go slow as they required all 90mhz to get them running at those low FPS's in the first place. You need to remember that it's the entire system were emulating.. not the games themselves.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

ok makes sense.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

404NotFound wrote:
farrell2k wrote:I don't see how the DC could load the emu, a 32mb rom, an everything else it needs...
32Mbit = 4Megabyte

I'm still gonna have to wait till i see it.

Well, since Chui got the DC to load 100MByte+ NeoGeo ROMs with Neo4all/AES it's actually 32Megabytes...

Read more about the MMU technique he uses with Neo4All/AES here:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14927
Insane homebrew collector.
gnomes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gnomes »

Tyne wrote:I'll try to make this easy to understand...
That is only one interpretation of it. I don't know if it is the right one. The other interpretation is that regardless of the effeciency of the emulation, it is getting 12 "real" frames per second, where a "real" frame per second is equal to 12 frames per second on the emulated console (an N64).
Segata
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Segata »

In the ngemu forums there's a thread saying why the emulator is fake, it's on the news, if you scroll down a bit. Personally, I'd lose all my respect to the authors if it finally turns out fake :roll:
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Segata wrote:Personally, I'd lose all my respect to the authors if it finally turns out fake :roll:
As would everyone else. Fox and Chui has a well known reputation, I don't think they'd ruine it just to see people get their hopes up.

EDIT: Sorry - Ron, not Chui.
Last edited by LyingWake on Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I don't think anyone who matters would lose respect for the two.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Whatever that means... Honestly I don't think it's a fake so no one could loose any respect for Ron, Fox & Chui anyway. :P
Insane homebrew collector.
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

if some unknown coder had said that he ported a n64 emu which runs mario it would say this has to be a fake, no way thats real. but since fox and maybe also chui are working on this i have to believe its true, those 2 wouldnt cheat the DC community
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

the post on dciberia disappeard...
thats not a good sign :(
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The newspost about this has been removed from dciberia.net. It looks like I might have been on target with this being a prank (the we'll post screenshots throughout the month set off a warning in my mind, with this being December and all), but it most likely got out of hand and they just removed it from the page altogether.

Though, I could be just misinterpreting this situation.

I really hope it wasn't a prank, as it would definately tarnish Ron and fox68k's (not Chui like everyone has been saying - he has nothing to do with this beyond mentions of using his methods) reputations.

EDIT: Sonic-NKT beat me to it
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Turned out to be fake. http://www.ngemu.com
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.