Reading that world is ending on 2006, what do you think?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reading that world is ending on 2006, what do you think?

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I been reading on some evidence that he world is ending in 2006 because the bible code states it. I am kinda convienced and I am pretty scared about it. I mean if you look at the signs of it, you have to be convienced. I would post a link but I don't HTML very well, I am kind illiterate in pc land lol. I would like to know what you think about this and please don't flame religion but to think I am not going to be around much longer has made me really sad.
Have you played dreamcast today?
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Well, I guess it's time to quit my job & start looting.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Haha "evidence." I remember how scared people were when the year changed to 2000 that the world would end. Simply put man isn't going to have a clue the world is about to end until it starts happening, and by then it will be too late.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

how can you not flame religion with a topic like this?
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

It's not religion, it's a bunch of idiots that think theres a "code" in the bible that makes prophacies. I watched a show on the history channel about it a few weeks ago, what a load of crap.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I been reading on some evidence that he world is ending in 2006 because the bible code states it. I am kinda convienced and I am pretty scared about it. I mean if you look at the signs of it, you have to be convienced. I would post a link but I don't HTML very well, I am kind illiterate in pc land lol. I would like to know what you think about this and please don't flame religion but to think I am not going to be around much longer has made me really sad.
None of these came true but THIS ONE could be it!!!!!

Actually, if I was a mod, I'd call you an idiot and lock the topic. Since I'm not a Null mod, I can't lock the topic, but I can still call you an idiot, so here goes:

You are an idiot. You said that you "[are] kind illiterate in pc land lol." You didn't need the "in pc land lol." Based on this post, I'd say you're illiterate in English too.

So to sum up:

1) Stop reading End-of-the-world literature.
2) Take an English class or two.
3) Do this before 2012, which is when the world really ends. The Mayans said so.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Roofus wrote:

Actually, if I was a mod, I'd call you an idiot and lock the topic. Since I'm not a Null mod, I can't lock the topic, but I can still call you an idiot, so here goes:

You are an idiot. You said that you "[are] kind illiterate in pc land lol." You didn't need the "in pc land lol." Based on this post, I'd say you're illiterate in English too.

So to sum up:

3) Do this before 2012, which is when the world really ends. The Mayans said so.

you don't have to make fun of me,sorry that this is a english-perfect forum. I just stated a topic, don't have to make a fuss about something I read,ok? I don't believe the mayan theory but we'll see.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I think the world will end when oil runs out. Actually, the Earth will still be here, but humans probably won't.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

melancholy wrote:I think the world will end when oil runs out. Actually, the Earth will still be here, but humans probably won't.
I could see that too. I still wonder how we are going out.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

I hope so.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

melancholy wrote:I think the world will end when oil runs out. Actually, the Earth will still be here, but humans probably won't.
We got by for 10,000 years without petroleum. Life would be radically different, to be sure but I don't think petroleum is critical to the survival of the human race.

Of course, if they ever come up with a viable alternative, it becomes a moot pont.

Either way, as the Borg say, "We will adapt."
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Dreamcast4life wrote:
Roofus wrote:

So to sum up:

you don't have to make fun of me,sorry that this is a english-perfect forum. I just stated a topic, don't have to make a fuss about something I read,ok? I don't believe the mayan theory but we'll see.
You said the world is going to end! Of course we're going to make a fuss!

But let's put this in perspective. You said this was based on the Bible Code, right? Well, the guy who came up with that predicts a comet will anhillate all life on earth in 2012, so we have a little bit of time. While we're waiting, let's take a look at this Bible Code stuff.

The author of the bible code wrote:
Michael Drosnin wrote:Consistently, the Bible Code brings together interlocking words that reveal related information. With Bill Clinton, President. With the Moon landing, spaceship and Apollo 11. With Hitler, Nazi. With Kennedy, Dallas. In experiment after experiment, the crossword puzzles were found only in the Bible. Not in War and Peace, not in any other book, and not in 10 million computer-generated test cases.
Is this true? Well, here is a story of someone making a successful prediction with War and Peace. Precisely the book that Drosnin said did not contain these codes. here is more on War and Peace. And another page
Michael Drosnin wrote: When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby Dick, I'll believe them.
well, whaddya know, someone did it.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

apart from plastic production, theres no need to get worked up about petroleum running out, unless you like shortsighted panic.

you can grow diesel (well an equivalent) and one benefit of that is it only puts out the gas emissions it absorbed the year before whilst growing, the net envioromental impact is zero. (not to mention it would give the countryside employment back)

and don't get me started on straw powered power stations (which are a great idea) or geothermal (which is even better but hugely underdeveloped).

the truth about our current enery usage is that its setup to line the pockets of the few.
misinformation abounds and the public are steered away from ideas they should really know more about.

take 'wind power' in the UK,
people have been convinced not to want it, phrases like 'blot on the landscape' are fed into the public consciousness, the electricity companys look for sites close to rural residental sites or areas of natural beauty as to generate complaints and a negative arua around the idea because they stand to benefit from the high pricing you justify using a non-renewable or highly dangerous resource (like nuclear) yet all the real (buried) studys said put them out at sea and use the technology/skillbase from the (depleting) oil industry to do the leg work.

furthermore people regularly state that you'd only get electricty 'when the wind blows' which is a total fallacy for two reasons -

1. it nearly always blows at sea (hence sailing ships).

2. when its not blowing you use hydro electric, when the wind is blowing but no one is using it ('low peak') you use the generated power to pump the water back up to the high reservoirs in the hydro systems (the electricity companys already do this at low peak with the few hydro schemes they've been 'forced' to run under goverment rules).
hydro schemes are the UPS's (or backup batterys) of wind power, but they must be developed in tandem.

needless to say this is UK specific, but the point is still the same, big business is on it's side not yours, and the ideas which would benefit all more than the few are buried, underdeveloped and hidden from the public consiousness.

and . . . . breath :P
Last edited by mikozero on Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Roofus wrote:
We got by for 10,000 years without petroleum. Life would be radically different, to be sure but I don't think petroleum is critical to the survival of the human race.

Of course, if they ever come up with a viable alternative, it becomes a moot pont.

Either way, as the Borg say, "We will adapt."
You cannot deny that it will wipe out a hell of a lot of people in this country, though, if no alternative is created.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I've never read the Bible code, but I happen to know that the modern King James bible (which I believe is the 'standard' edition for protestants) is an english translation of a german edition of a roman translation of a greek edition of a hebrew translation of a text that was originally written in a number of different languages including greek, aramiac, hebrew and latin, which was a book authored by multiple different people over a period of centuries from multiple oral sources.

Yet apparently there's a code in there that's got through undiluted through all those revisions and editions? Puh-leese.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

The code is done with the Hebrew, not the KJV. So while the legitimacy of the source text argument is still a valid one, it's not an especially strong one.

edit -- I should have said that I know it's done on the Hebrew for the Old Testament (Torah) but I'm not sure about the New Testament. I think they use the Hebrew for that, as well, and one could allow them not using the original language for those parts that weren't originally in the language, given that it's a Hebrew God that put the code there.

edit # 2 -- it's just the Torah. He's Jewish.
Last edited by greay on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

wtf is bible code?

sounds like someone already had a hypothesis and used random out of context bible quotes to support it, for more info see pretty much every supremicists group in history's justification for killing and inciting hatred etc.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I found if you take selected letters from the bible and rearrange them you get "the world will end tomorrow and you will all die lol lol roffels pwny pwn pwntd"

Pure conclusive evidence.
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Godfearing greay wrote: <snip>
If you have something to say, post it properly instead of "hiding" it in a tiny-sized font -- That kind of lame crap belongs in null.

Rand.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Rand Linden wrote:
Godfearing greay wrote: <snip>
If you have something to say, post it properly instead of "hiding" it in a tiny-sized font -- That kind of lame crap belongs in null.

Rand.
Isn't that a bit uncalled for, particularly when your only contribution to the thread was to point that out?