The Other Iraq

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Other Iraq

Post by butters »

http://www.theotheriraq.com

Regardless what you think about the war in Iraq, the Kurdish people have had massive improvements since Saddam was ousted. This site shows the improvements in the region and is basically them asking for western investment.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: The Other Iraq

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Butters wrote: Regardless what you think about the war in Iraq,
I 'think' that it was an invasion of another country based on fabricated evidence.

The facts seem to agree with me.

Where are the WMDs that were the reason for invasion?

Why did 'the war on terrorism' shift from focussing on the people responsible for the september 11th (Al-Qaeda) attack to a former puppet government of the West who actively worked against al-qaeda?

All these questions and more remain unanswered , and god damn you you TRAITOR PINKO COMMIE FOR EVEN DARING TO ASK.
Butters wrote: the Kurdish people have had massive improvements since Saddam was ousted.
Not reallly, no.

Increased militant activity, voter apathy at elections - surprising given just 'how much' they wanted a western invasion?
Butters wrote: This site shows the improvements in the region and is basically them asking for western investment.
This site is basically a propaganda tool made by a pressure group whose sole existence is trying to get big western business to invest there.

If you're looking for investments you certainly don't reveal anything that would be a disincentive to invest, like internal conflict, anti-western terrorist cells that have been created since their country was invaded, or increased hostility againts the west.

Because the site is run by those looking to get rich, not those trying to disseminate impartial information about their country.

Why is this in Off Topic? :?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Re: The Other Iraq

Post by butters »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Why is this in Off Topic? :?
Because a website is not an event.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

sounds like nyar's got a case of the mondays.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
El Guapo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by El Guapo »

Jeeba wrote:sounds like nyar's got a case of the mondays.
...on top of a raging case of logic and facts. Curable by fox news though.
Assspen...where the beer flows like wine, and the women instinctively flock like the salmon of capistrano
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

El Guapo wrote:
Jeeba wrote:sounds like nyar's got a case of the mondays.
...on top of a raging case of logic and facts. Curable by fox news though.
I don't find it difficult to believe the kurds are better off now. They were kinda being screwed for a long time. It wouldn't take much for there to be improvement. The two articles linked by Nyar and the article in the OP aren't really enough to say either way.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Great, the kurds have seen improvements, not that difficult to believe really, considering pretty much any change in their standard of living would've been an improvement.

Now you just need to start improving the lives of the 80% of the population who aren't kurdish, and then you can start arguing why this war was right.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

The Kurds have had like 10 years for improvement. Ever since Gulf War 1 when the no fly zone was implemented, they have become increasingly westernized. I also think it's interesting that they are the largest ethnic group in the region that doesn't have its own country. I think eventually the rest of Iraq will improve, but it will take time and money.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote, but why does becoming "westernized" mean they are improving?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

ace wrote:Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote, but why does becoming "westernized" mean they are improving?
They have a working capitalistic economy, a representative democracy, and women in all levels of business and government. I'd call that westernized and I'd also call that a good thing.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Other societies have that besides the west... I'm just being argumentative though, I'm done :P
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Butters wrote:
ace wrote:Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote, but why does becoming "westernized" mean they are improving?
They have a working capitalistic economy, a representative democracy, and women in all levels of business and government. I'd call that westernized and I'd also call that a good thing.

Conform or DIE
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead