Most magical gaming moment?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Most magical gaming moment?

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Let's list the moments we've had in video games that were something completely new; something you've never experienced before by technology and innovation; your 'epiphany' if you will.

For me, it was playing my first online game. Logging onto PSO immediately after its release and cooperatively killing a Dragon with others around the world. It was like an entire new age of gaming lifting a veil from my eyes.

Honorable mentions:

Having my first conversation with Seaman, then leaving him explore my television-set of a fish tank while I did schoolwork for 3 hours, occasionally checking up on him.

Playing a Sega Saturn in 1995.

Connecting to my first game of Counter-Strike and disconnecting 13 hours later.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Buying a Playstation.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I was blown away the first time I played a playstation. The first system I bought for myself, meaning with money I earned at a job was an N64. playing Zelda and mario 3 were big time too.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

While not the "most" magical moment I suppose this is a memorable one:

I waited outside Target the morning that Star Fox 64 was being released. Once it opened I was at the electronic department with like three mothers buying the game for their kids.

I got home, started playing and was wowed by the force feedback.

Being able to feel every explosion made the game so much cooler. :lol:
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Ah yes. The Rumble Pak. That was definitely a breakthrough.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

playing mario bros on the nes on my birthday. I remember being totally stunned finding a beanstalk and my jaw dropping when i played the underwater level.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

I would stay up till 4am playing PSO during summers.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

The christmas i got my dreamcast staying up for 3 days straight playing shenmue, only to find out that it did not end at the end of disc 3 (i kept thinking to myself, wow this disc has a lot on in compared to the others).

When i ran the first bit of code i ever wrote for the dreamcast and got to see the screenfill up with red and green bars(which was what i wanted to happen).

Almost missing the bus to school to send reaper the final revision of my modifications to NeoCD, and getting to programming class to see the news headline 'NeoCD v5 Quzar CL Edition' and showing all my friends =).

Going over to my grandmother's house on christmas morning and finding not only a bin full of NES and coleco stuff, but a brand new genesis (apparently my mom had bought the nes/coleco stuff at a garage sale and my grandmother who was told to get me something to use with it got me the genesis :P ). THEN while my mother was reading the instruction book as to how to hook it up, hooking it up myself and already having beaten the first boss before she realized i was playing.

The first time I ever beat my mom at Donkey Kong Jr. (we used to play 2600 against each other when i was like... 5 or so).

For my final project in my first programming class in 9th grade writing a vertical shooter game, with cinematic and all in VB, while everyone else wrote calculators. The greatest thing was that I couldn't understand how to create multiple instances of the bullet, so you could only shoot one at a time or have a 'bullet shield' in front of you.

Playing DDR in endless mode for 3 hours wearing 5lb weights, only to stop when receiving a phone call that i had to take.

WAYYY TOO MANY.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

- The ends of both Shenmue games
first and only time Ive got into a games story so much that its effected my emotions

- First time I played a Playstation
basically the first time I ever played a 3D game

- Multiplayer Goldeneye
Considering Im really not into multiplayer stuff, this is the first of a very, very small amount of games where I actually enjoyed multiplayer. So it taught me that multiplayer can be fun.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

the first time I played SMB

The first time I played Contra

My best friend and I dominating Super Spike V'Ball at some guy's birthday party in 6th grade (4 players at once!!! OMG!!!)

The first time I saw a Street Fighter II arcade machine

The first time I saw the TMNT arcade machine

The first time I played a Daytona USA arcade machine

Beating Double Dragon in the arcade

Playing Final Fight for the first time on SNES.

Seeing F-Zero for the first time

Beating Revenge of Shinobi

the first time I successfuly completed a multiplayer game of Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption as a storytell, and to have all the other players praise me for having conceiled my identity as the story teller throughout the game.

The first time I played a Quake II deathmatch in the computer lab at the college I went to.

Playing the "Capture the chicken" mod in the computer lab at 3 AM with 20 other people when I should have been studying for a final.

Playing Panzer Dragoon on Saturn for the first time.

Beating Shenmue
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

- Receiving a Famicon

- Getting the SNES

- Playing Turtles in Time with my brothers

- Getting the N64

- Playinig Goldeneye the first time

- Feeling Goldeneye with the Rumble Pak

- Playing Mario Kart 64 the first time

- Playing Smash Bros. for the first time on the N64

- Getting my Pok?mon Blue version from Spain (mind I was in Colombia at the time)

- Buying PSO Ep. 1&2

- Getting online with PSO and my GC

- Beating The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest

- Mario Kart Double Dash 8 players LAN

- Playing Halo 2 on XBox Live

- Playing Battlefield 2 in a 64 player server

And many more that i dont remember ATM.

:D
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

First time playing system link on halo with friends (playing almost every week)

playing tekken on the playstation the day it came out (played with friends for hours switching out the loser)

first time playing age of empires 2 (played for almost a year online, even had a clan with a website)

playing quake 3 online with the dreamcast

Playing duckhut with the gun
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

First time I played Doom 1. Graphics wise it was amazing when you compare it to the previous FPS (Wolf3d).
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

in Resident Evil 2 when for the first time you see a licker crawling in the window

and in the interrogation room a licker jump from the window

(resident evil 2 was my first survival terror game........)

seeing the gamecube console for the first time (it was surprise of how small it was , the same whit the disks)

playing atari 2600 for first time

playing SMB and punch out for first time.....................
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Playing Metroid Prime for GC. The Gamecube was my first next-gen system, and that was the first game I got for it. The graphics were absolutely mindblowing. It was my first real taste of next-gen graphics. Too bad there aren't many games with graphics like it.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Walking around in the Shenmue games, just looking around, enjoying everything I see and hear (music, not voices :P ) Especially disc 4 of Shenmue 2 was beautiful. My mom went upstairs to tell me to turn down the volume because she could hear the music through the house :D

Playing Grandia 2 on DC, basicly one of my first DC games and even though it was in 2003, it was one helluva experience, especially the part where Ryudo and Melfice are talking to each other, and the part with Millennia in the end. The great voiceacting really got me involved in this game.

Back when I was perhaps only 8 years old I loved to break the scores of the head-teacher of primary school in Outrun. I still remember getting very high ranks, although I can not remember beating the game or becoming first. It was really nice to play this game 10 years later when I got Shenmue 2, being united again with the first racing game I ever played.

Getting up at 6 in the morning because I couldn't sleep anymore. It was the first time I was running a game with full 3d acceleration: Need for Speed 3 on a TNT2 back in '99. Beautiful!! I'm still using this graphics card btw :P

Playing Skies of Arcadia with my girlfriend about one and a half year ago. Playing till 4 in the morning, getting up and continuing our quest. Another magical thing in this game was when I wasn't allowed to continue the game because of a promise to her not to play alone: I used to just walk around on the first Island, listening to the music, climbing the stairs to that high place, looking down, enjoying everything. It was beautiful, because I loved the style it breathes, and I am not spoiled by graphics of some kind of highend pc rig ^^
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

starfox on the snes, I played that game for hours a day and was amazed the whole time.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

-when i got my Xbox

-when i modded my xbox :twisted:

-playing halo on system link and mechassault online (oh the joy!) :mrgreen:

-when i figure out i could homebrew with my Dc :D
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

When I picked up the controller. At that moment. I became a.......................................................................................................................... " :o VIdeo Game JUNKIE" :o
well thats what my family calls me.
:x
Jerks
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I have soooo many; whenever I first played a nintendo console, with the exception of the N64, was magical to me. However, I'm buying another n64 this weekend and am looking forward to playing some games that I missed out on while I was busy playing the psx. I'm also going to mod my n64 for imports even though it wasn't that popular in japan. Mainly, I'm interested in playing Sin and Punishment which I heard some good things about from friends.

First time playing Tempest in the arcades; that was pretty much my first exposure to arcade gaming.

When I was first introduced to gaming with the atari 2600, and later with the coleco

First time I played Super Mario for nes

Playing Killer Instinct for the snes

First time I modded my dc; first console I've ever modded. I chipped it and changed the main power leds.

Playing snes, nes games on my dc. Good times indeed.

Playing my first import titles on the Saturn, and especially playing Radiant Silvergun.

Having a blast with my brother playing The simpsons arcade game back in 1991.