Games the were never released...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Games the were never released...

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I can only think of two games for the Sega DreamCast that were never released that were completely done. Those games are Propeller Arena and Half-Life for the Sega DreamCast. I wish they would of released these games, from looking at the screenshots of Propeller Arena and Half-Life on the DreamCast, it makes me realy want to play them! I wish these games would have been released! Are there any other games that were finished but never published?
--==--
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Here is a quite complete list : http://segadreamcast.se/intevisste/ickeslappta.php
The page is in Swedish, perhaps some internet translator can do the trick.
Its a whole lot of games gone down :(
A few of them were quite far in development and might still see the day. (I am probably not allowed to say so though ;))
Arcatera, Castlevania Resurection, Max Payne (http://segadreamcast.se/intevisste/maxpaynemail.php) and System Shock 2 are some I'd love to see...
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

There are tons of games that were pretty much complete. Just peruse the old ODCM mags and you'll see.
Very sexy hero, omg
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I was lookin forward to the black & white port back in the day, sadly neither the DC or PSX ones appeared in the end
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Castlevania Ressurrection is the one that saddens me the most, because it was going to be what Castlevania SHOULD be: pure platforming action. As far as I'm concerned, Castlevania Bloodlines for the Genesis was the LAST game of the series; other games may bear the name, but lack the soul of Castlevania.
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
crc73
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by crc73 »

System Shock 2 was due to be released on DC, dunno how far it got though. I've played both Half Life and System Shock 2 on PC, and I would go as far as to say that, good and all Half Life is (was), System Shock 2 was a much better experience. You had to think a lot about where you needed to go and what you needed to do, whereas Half Life was much more linear I think. The ship was massive too, you really got a sense of how big and complete it was.

It might have been a chore to play with the controller on DC though...
Imerion wrote:Here is a quite complete list : http://segadreamcast.se/intevisste/ickeslappta.php
They have Peacemakers on there... didn't that become Conflict Zone?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

PBA Bowling ;)
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

it bring a tear to my eye everytime to think of this list... :cry:
crabcakes
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Hawq wrote:I was lookin forward to the black & white port back in the day, sadly neither the DC or PSX ones appeared in the end
OH YEAH!!! I almost forgot about that one... I was really hyped about it too... what a shame. :cry:

I also really wanted to see Evil Twin come out, although I hear it did in Europe. I'll probably never get to play it since imports cost a fortune on eBay now-a-days.

[EDIT:] Wow... it's a lot cheaper than I thought! I may have to get it now...