Was this missed? (Sam and Max)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Was this missed? (Sam and Max)

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/15 ... 33326.html
Long-standing calls for more adventure gaming fun starring the duo have yet to be fully answered, but indie developer Telltale Games last night announced that it has acquired the rights to the careless crimefighters and will be creating all-new adventure games based on the exploits of the canine-lagomorph tandem. Few details are available at the moment, but it has been confirmed that the games will be released in an episodic format.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

Wasn't missed by me, I've known about it for a few days. Good news though, just got to wait for it to be made (or re-made in certain circumstances) which is a bit of a bummer.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Awsome, i think the only person here who loves sam and max more than me might be foxy.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Resurrect Day of the Tentacle! Bring back Bernard Hoagie and Laverne!

Hell a remake of Maniac Mansion would be great too...

*sigh
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikelomax »

MulletMan13 wrote:Hell a remake of Maniac Mansion would be great too...
Already been done (in a way), Maniac mansion deluxe:

http://www.lucasfangames.de/games_eng.htm

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Also, in DOTT (i think) you can play manic mansion on someone's computer inside the hotel.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

mikelomax wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:Hell a remake of Maniac Mansion would be great too...
Already been done (in a way), Maniac mansion deluxe:

http://www.lucasfangames.de/games_eng.htm
yeah, I started playing Maniac Mansion Deluxe last night. And while it's graphically better than any prior version I've played (and the extended cut scenes are nice too) it seems to be full of glitches.....

I'm gonna have to find a copy of Day of the Tentacle somewhere. I've always wanted to play, but never had an interest in digging up a copy.....

I've always enjoyed those old point and click advetures back in the day...........
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Quotable Quzar wrote:Also, in DOTT (i think) you can play manic mansion on someone's computer inside the hotel.
Yeaaa in Crazy Ed's room.... i think thats the name... well, the guy that goes crazy with the stamp collection.

DOTT was and still is one of my favorite games of all time. I love puzzle type adventure games like that... maybe I should check out Sam and Max?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I find it quite ironic what Nintendo let in the version of maniac mansion for the nes. I mean, I know it was heavily censored from the Commodore 64 version(is that the one it was based on?), but I'd think that they'd be against putting hamsters in the mircowave and blowing them up. Not to mention the various ways to kill team members: drowning in pool, electrocution, etc.

With maniac mansion deluxe, the control interface is easy to use, but I often have difficulty doing the simplest things that would have been a breeze in earlier versions. For instance, using the yellow key for the edsel trunk, and climbing the plant once you give it water from the pool.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikelomax »

Smiley wrote:I find it quite ironic what Nintendo let in the version of maniac mansion for the nes. I mean, I know it was heavily censored from the Commodore 64 version(is that the one it was based on?), but I'd think that they'd be against putting hamsters in the mircowave and blowing them up. Not to mention the various ways to kill team members: drowning in pool, electrocution, etc.
If I remember correctly it was based off the C64 version, but Nintendo had to recall and republish maniac mansion because they didn't realise at first that you could blow up the hamster in the microwave and so it was removed promptly after.*

*this is only from what I heard so it may be incorrect.

FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Think adventure games could make a comeback?