Fed up, need help.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fed up, need help.

Post by toastman »

Ok, I'm having this weird wireless networking problem.

I have a D-Link DWL-G122 Wireless USB adapter. And a D-Link DI-542 Wireless Router. Operating system: Windows XP SP 2

When I log into an account with administrator level access everything is fine, the connection is solid.
When I log into an account without administrator level access, the connection comes and goes at random.
Does anyone (Roofus, I'm looking at you especially) have any idea why this happens? I've been looking for the answer on Google for a while and I haven't been able to find anything that is helpful.
So far my best option is to leave and admin account logged in and just use "Fast User Switching" to keep it active so normal users can access the internet/network.
No signature.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

I've never seen any behavior like this... are you using DLink's software to manage it or XP? There may be a piece that needs to run to get the best throughput...
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I've never heard of that. :? Are you using WEP or WPA? If you are, the first thing I'd try is turning it off and see if the problem recurs.