Sword of White Whoe

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sword of White Whoe

Post by Tall Israeli »

So how do I manage to get this thing? I go into sneak mode and I get the icon, but when I try to pick up the sword, the guard always attacks me!
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
ETR
Dumb

Re: Sword of White Whoe

Post by ETR »

Tall Israeli wrote:So how do I manage to get this thing? I go into sneak mode and I get the icon, but when I try to pick up the sword, the guard always attacks me!
What the heck are you talking about?

What game?
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Re: Sword of White Whoe

Post by Tall Israeli »

ETR wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:So how do I manage to get this thing? I go into sneak mode and I get the icon, but when I try to pick up the sword, the guard always attacks me!
What the heck are you talking about?

What game?
Morrowind. I'm guessing that if you don't know what I'm talking about, you won't know how to get it.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Sneak doesnt matter when you're grabbing an item, unless your skill is very high. If this is the sword that I remember (on the top of that bookshelf in the Guard's outpost in Balmora), the only way I managed to get it was kill the guard, pay the bounty.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Jeeba wrote:Sneak doesnt matter when you're grabbing an item, unless your skill is very high. If this is the sword that I remember (on the top of that bookshelf in the Guard's outpost in Balmora), the only way I managed to get it was kill the guard, pay the bounty.
Yeah! See, they moved the sword in the GOTY edition. Now, it's under the bunk beds. I looked ontop of the dresser and it wasn't there, but the sword isn't in Balmora - it's in another town. I can't remember the name but I think it might start with an E though. So kill the guard, eh? I'm a lvl 4 character right now so I don't know if I'll be able to manage it, but worth shot. I can't believe how great Morrowind still is. I think I've logged in 200+ hours and I started a new character recently and it's still fresh.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

that think was a bitch to get >.<
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

SadisticSaviorX wrote:that think was a bitch to get >.<
I think I might have killed the guard the first time I got the sword.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Thats funny,I just started playing again after a long time. its a great game. im using the construction set right now.

Can't you use chameleon to steal stuff in front of people? With invisibility, i know it wears off when you take an action.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If you get between the bed and the wall then go into sneak mode you can jump and grab it while in the air. That is how I got it. If it has been moved I don't know what to tell you.

You have to be lined up just right but you can get it while jumping and hitting the button right on the sword. Takes a few trys needless to say.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Okay - here's another Morrowind question. I'm on the second thieves guild quest and I need to retrieve a key to a manor. Now, the "slave" has the key, but he won't give it up. Any idea's how to get it? I've been trying to pickpocket it, but half the time the key shows up in his inventory and half the time it doesn't. What gives?
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Taunt until he fights you - That way you don't get in trouble cause you were defending yourself! Then just loot the body.

The reason the key doesn't always show up is based on your skill - Basically you don't always pick the right pocket.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Lord_Ball wrote:Taunt until he fights you - That way you don't get in trouble cause you were defending yourself! Then just loot the body.

The reason the key doesn't always show up is based on your skill - Basically you don't always pick the right pocket.
Doesn't taunt only work when it's a success? If it's a failure, he won't fight you?

Edit: Wow, you can't pick pocket the key, which is a little weird. Whenever I select the key, it sends me back and they attack me. So taunt? I've had a couple success with taunt, but he doesn't draw his weapon.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Just keep at it it takes a lot but he will most definitely attack eventually.

The reason he attacks when you pick pocket is that he catches you doing it. Picking pockets is hard, I've only been sucessful(not caught) once.