loading trouble :S

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
hobbes
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

loading trouble :S

Post by hobbes »

hey guys, i have been encountering the same problem with all the bor mods i download. they wont pass from the now loading, dreamcast port by neill corlett.

i use dc hakker to load my stuff, is there something wrong? has anyone encountered this before?
The whole thing I think is sick...
ThewholethingIthinkissick...
The whoooolllle thiiiinggggg I thinnnnnk is sick...
drikobruschi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by drikobruschi »

-
Last edited by drikobruschi on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

The BIN file and the PAK file both have to be in the CD root for one thing. With Dream Hakker, I always put all my BINs in a separate folder so that they're easy to find, but this doesn't work with Beats Of Rage and produces the very symptom you describe.

If that's not your problem, the only other thing I can think of is that if you're trying to hex edit the BOR BIN so that you can have multiple BOR mods on one disc, you may have done it wrong. I don't think the original BOR BIN can be hex edited at all (well, it can, of course, but then it won't work) and all of the more recent updates have had two references to "BOR.PAK" that both must be changed or else, again, you'll get the same symptom you described.

Those are the only two ways that I've ever had Beats Of Rage hang on the initial loading screen, so hopefully one of them is your problem.

...word is bondage...
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

The original BoR binary can be hex-edited to load multiple PAKs, the ones I made are in IMR's BoR loader SBI at Sbiffy, it's a pretty poor way loading mods though and the SBI will only load 4 PAKs. There's also the Fenix loader package I threw together with the original BoR binary, that'll load 9 PAKs for you but again not a very good way of doing it because some mods take forever to load. DCHelp have a load of individual SBI's for mods in both PAL and NTSC format, we really need to make up a load more to cover the later mods, it's just a case of finding the time as usual.

I really find it quite surprising with all the new compiles of BoR nobody has tried to see if they can add a function to select a mod from a simple menu system for the DC, if it's achievable, they could polish it up at a later date.
Across the Universe