Hey, I'm new. I'm a newb. And I would like some help.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
GThirst
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hey, I'm new. I'm a newb. And I would like some help.

Post by GThirst »

Hey, I have an Dreamcast manufactured on December 2000. I havn't been able to get homebrew/emulators/other things of the nature to work. I'm pretty lost on the issue too. I heard DC's made after October 2000 wouldn't work, but the page on this site says all will work.

Anyway, what I'm asking for is someone to give me a step by step procedure on say... How to get Chrono Trigger for SNES to work. And possibly other games/systems, though I'm sure once I know how to do one, I'll be able to do more.

I'm not an idiot, I just need some help to start, because I don't have too much time to do it.

Links are fine. Any input is welcome. Thanks and I hope to be a valuable member to the forums in the nearvy future.

Oh, and hi, I'm GThirst :) .
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Wrong section.
GThirst
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by GThirst »

well its more of an introduction, and I didnt want it to get in the way of anything usefull to anyone else...

But alright, moderator please move it for me.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Your dc simply won't read cdrs, it has bios protection. Try to get a different one.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Some work, some don't. Yours won't, no matter what you do. Only thing you can do is get another one, either from a local game shop or eBay.
Very sexy hero, omg
GThirst
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by GThirst »

Ah, Ok. Exactly what I thought. I thought I was doing something wrong. Well, I have one I was gonna order anyway.

Will a console from May 2000 work?
I have a few in mind, I'll post the dates of the others as they become available

Well, still anything to help get me started would be great. I'd like to have the stuff burned to CDs in advanced so I can get right to it.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

GThirst, read the sig rules.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Anything Before october 2000 will work with cd-r's. Revision 0 and 1 (before october 2000) work with cd-r's, revision 2 doesn't.
GThirst
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by GThirst »

ok, so it'll work.

Yea, sorry about the sig, I put it in and it didn't show up, I guess it did later on. I'll get rid of it.