Just got Microsoft Visual Studio Beta 2

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just got Microsoft Visual Studio Beta 2

Post by navi »

Got a free beta from a recent mag I got, and haven't tried it yet, but apparently only a few people got this beta, even though it's free.

But yea.. Haven't messed with it but I just was curious if anyone else got it.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Mine is coming in the mail.
I signed up on Microsoft's site.
No signature.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

toastman wrote:Mine is coming in the mail.
I signed up on Microsoft's site.
As did I, but I got an access code that came with my mag. so far it looks pretty interesting.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

thanks for the tipoff folks. my copy is on the way
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

No problem, I've been looking into learning C#, as I am interested in getting my MCSD one day. (One of the guys that works with us told me it's like a gold all access card as far as programming jobs go since so few people have it.)
No signature.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

toastman wrote:No problem, I've been looking into learning C#, as I am interested in getting my MCSD one day. (One of the guys that works with us told me it's like a gold all access card as far as programming jobs go since so few people have it.)
if i ever went for something like that i think i would go the all VB route (since you can do each of the exams with VB or C#).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

I've got the MCAD.NET, it wasn't all that hard, especially if you've ever done certification tests before. I'll likely have the MCSD by the end of summer. C# rocks though it's really the .NET framework that provides the power...
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

toastman wrote:No problem, I've been looking into learning C#, as I am interested in getting my MCSD one day. (One of the guys that works with us told me it's like a gold all access card as far as programming jobs go since so few people have it.)
Maybe that's something I'll do one day, just to prove that I can actually do what I say I can. I've been trying to transfer my game engine code over to C# and DirectX from Java for a while now and it's proving to be a bit difficult with the lack of helpful resources around.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

I got it. Straight from a microsoft employee. DVD. legal copy. boo-yeah.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Smurph wrote:I got it. Straight from a microsoft employee. DVD. legal copy. boo-yeah.
..but it's free. I'm pretty sure anyone could get it from the Microsoft website (and that's where toastman got his). This was being discussed at HardOCP or Anandtech, I forget which.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Xylene wrote:
Smurph wrote:I got it. Straight from a microsoft employee. DVD. legal copy. boo-yeah.
..but it's free. I'm pretty sure anyone could get it from the Microsoft website (and that's where toastman got his). This was being discussed at HardOCP or Anandtech, I forget which.
Exactly it's not like this is illegal or even a gray area. :roll:
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Got my copy in the mail today :D
Also came with the "Team Foundation Server" and "SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition Technology Preview"
No signature.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Yea, I got mine on friday, forgot to post it here. Havn't tried it out yet though...
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Does it include Visual COBOL .Net? )()( :roll: :lol:
int80h
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by int80h »

I am interested in getting my MCSD one day. (One of the guys that works with us told me it's like a gold all access card as far as programming jobs go since so few people have it.)
I live in Detroit, and C#, VB.net and MS certifications are the last things employers are looking for. The automotive industry has lots of openings for assembly language, c, matlab, and I-Logix Statemate programers.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

neoak wrote:Does it include Visual COBOL .Net? )()( :roll: :lol:
VB.Net is actually being used for a LOT of stuff nowadays. Mostly simple RAD and such.