Radeon 7000 TV out problem

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Radeon 7000 TV out problem

Post by Vchat20 »

maybe someone can help me pinpoint the problem. just recently this issue has popped up where the tv out is garbled on this card no matter what mode the comp is in (bios, windows boot up, welcome screen, logged in, and during games) and the card wont even see the tv as being plugged in. while the tv has given me similar problems before due to the composite connection being a little loose internally, i have double checked it with other composite devices and they all work fine with the tv. but no matter how much i play with the video connector on the tv, nothing shows from the video card nor does the card see the tv as plugged in.

any ideas?
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Well I know if it wasnt plugged in (on many cards) then it wont even display anything(if that helps).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

yeah. well, i had it plugged in when i clicked "redetect displays" in the catalyst control panel.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Even then it usualy does'nt work.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Is it a PowerColour? I had one of those, and it wouldnt show on the TV through DOS, only until I got into Windows. Possibly you have set it to the default card that was in, or another card by mistake? Hook it back up to the monitor then check the settings on the monitor.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

no. its not a powercolor. the company name starts with a 'c'. i just dont remember it offhand right now. both the monitor and tv are plugged in when this is happening. i will try though with only the tv plugged in and see what it does.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

nvm. i (sort of) figured it out. the main problem is that the video in connection on my tv is loose anyhow. sometimes the video craps out on it (either goes completely blank or is all garbled like mentioned earlier) so i have to jiggle the connector to get it back. i hooked up my brothers 13" tv to the video card and the redetect worked fine and i was able to see the desktop on the tv. hooked it back up to my tv and jiggled the connector a little and it worked again.

im still confused as to what happened to the video card. cuz when i had the problem earlier, i couldnt make out jack shyt on the tv. atleast today when the screen was garbled, i was able to make out the blue background and some icons and the garbledness didnt change based on resolution either.

meh. as long as it works.
Georgie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Georgie »

from what you just said looks like you need some one with soldering skills to fix that TV
you could use the coaxle connection on the tv and plug your video card into vcr
#1 quote
Orange_Ribbon wrote:I feel my crotch is a blank slate in witch to promote spider man, or captain america.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

id rather stay away from the coax connection as much as possible. 1) no vcr in this house and 2) loses the already bad quality

i will definitely have to get in there one of these days and resolder the connection cuz it was never as bad as it is now. i had to shove something under the connection to "shimmy" it to where something shows on the tv
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

its set to mirror you need to install the drivers off the disc and not use the windows driver then you can set the second display to tv and that should solve the problem
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

thats the first thing i did was install the newest catalyst drives off the ati site since i needed access to the dual display options (which it looks as if the catalyst control panel is the only access to it).
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

conform and upgrade the card
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

i had to scrape just to get this card :roll: . it was either this or stick with a pos 16MB s3 savage4 card that had MAJOR compatibility problems with many games and programs.