The One Thing Nester DC NEEDS ......

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
BigJohn8411
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The One Thing Nester DC NEEDS ......

Post by BigJohn8411 »

LIGHT GUN SUPPORT !!!!!! I WOULD BE SOOOOOOOO HAPPY IF THERE WERE LIGHT GUN SUPPORT IN THE NEXT RELEASE !!!!!!!

I mean , think about it , Duckhunt all over again ......... :)

If he put that in the next release , I think I would go crazy , I loved duckhunt , and to be able to play it again on my dreamcast , that would be incredible ...... :)
iwanpompier
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by iwanpompier »

a insert coin button would also be great so whe can play the Arcade nes games
Last edited by iwanpompier on Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Lightgun support is the only thing it needs? I put GameGenie support as the top priority. And maybe MP3 support. Maybe that's because I don't have a light gun though...but it would be cool nonetheless. Especially if there was support for a virtual light gun, like having an aimer on the screen and moving it with the D-pad. Like ZSNES has...you know?
BigJohn8411
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BigJohn8411 »

yea ....... never thought about game genie , but that is also a VERY GOOD idea , along with my top priority , LIGHT GUN SUPPORT !!!!!! but seriously , now that DreamSnes 0.96 has it , Nester Dc should have it too , because there were very many good lightgun games for nes ........

Not too worried about game genie though , because there is a permanent game genie codes patcher ....... patches the game genie code to the rom , but to do it , it convert the game genie code into hexidecimal , and then converts it into the rom , but it is permanent ..........

if you want the link , here it is : http://rdurbin.50megs.com/ and it is on that page somewhere .......... it is called gamegenie.zip ..........
Agent 00Zer0
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agent 00Zer0 »

yes. i concur. lightgun support would be neat. word is the tools have been available to do it for some time, but no one did. except dreamsnes. a little more accuracy would be nice though, as well as being able to hit the entire right side of the screen....but oh well.
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

Yeah, Light gun support is ahead of Game Genie support. It'd be nice to cheat in a game sometimes but it's not necessary. Light Gun support is necessary (for accurate emulation). I don't have a light gun either tho. But I'd get one in a heartbeat if NesterDC supported it.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Hmm...well how many games actually use the Lightgun? Cause if there is enough, maybe I will get one too...
Agent 00Zer0
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agent 00Zer0 »

Hmm...well how many games actually use the Lightgun? Cause if there is enough, maybe I will get one too...
Here they are, some of them are import only i think...not sure which ones.

House of the Dead 2
Confidential Mission
Death Crimson OX
Virtua Cop 2
DreamSNES
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

I read somewhere that there are over 20 (different) games that support the light gun. I can only remember a couple of them, but to me it'd be worth it to get the gun anyway. In addition to the NES games, then I could also get HotD2 and any other gun games for the DC.

Duck Hunt
Wild Gunman
Hogan's Alley

Those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

there was another one too, where you had to shoot things and keep them away from this baby going across the screen. im not sure of the name, i played it the other day real quick. but you can still play it without the gun.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
The Jester
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by The Jester »

I agree with the gun and the Game Genie support (I bought a gun because I thought NesterDC supported it), but they also need to implement a button to disable the auto-loading of roms... for example, if you don't want game.nes to be automatically loaded, you hold b when you turn on the DC. Another really cool thing to add would be an 'autostart.ini' sort of thing... just a text file that has the name of the rom that should be auto-loaded. This would be useful so the saved state wouldn't be called game.nes, and if you have multiple autoloading cds, you have multiple game.nes... obviously not a good thing. that's all I have to say.
Stupidity should be painful... Now if there were only a way that I could tell n00b13z how to make selfboot emulator images... Oh yeah!

ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES! DOWNLOAD DCFactory OR D13!!
Agent 00Zer0
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agent 00Zer0 »

here...got this from http://www.gamefaqs.com (great site). stupid non-uniform font...oh well.

Title Company Rarity Controller
----- ------- ------ ----------
Adventures of Bayou Billy Konami C- Gun Opt
Baby Boomer Color Dreams B- Gun Opt
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting Nintendo C+ Gun Req
Chiller American Game Carts Inc B+ Gun Opt
Duck Hunt Nintendo F Gun Req
Freedom Force Sunsoft D Gun Req
Gotcha LJN C Gun Req
Gumshoe Nintendo C+ Gun Req
Hogan's Alley Nintendo D Gun Req
Laser Invasion Konami B- Gun Req
Lone Ranger Konami B- Gun Opt
Mechanized Attack SNK C Gun Req
Operation Wolf Taito D Gun Opt
Shooting Range Bandai B Gun Opt
To The Earth Nintendo C+ Gun Req
Track & Field 2 Konami D Gun Opt
Wild Gunman Nintendo C Gun Req

Rarity Key:
-----------
F = Unbelievably Common E = Very Common
D = Common C- = Borderline Common
C = Uncommon C+ = Not Quite Rare
B- = Borderline Rare B = Rare
B+ = Much Rarer A- = These Will Require A Lot Of Looking
A = A True Conversation Piece A+ = VERY Limited Production
PROTO = Verified Prototype Exists NR = Not Released, Possible Prototype
TheNewName5104
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

yeah

Post by TheNewName5104 »

i would say light gun support is the mos important thing right now. praticly all games work for it now, punch out is at full speed. i would definitly want light gun support now, light gun support then game genie, but light gun first since you can patch the roms to get the effects you want.
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

the four player mode needs to be fixed.
I'd love to play Worldcup with four players.
Zelchia
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Zelchia »

I vote for game genie. :!:
Bling_
YATTA!
YATTA!

Post by Bling_ »

yea i thought 4 player worked....i had friends over for a super spike sitting...and it didnt work....so we played goleneye on my 64 emulater for DC all night....
It's Thinking,
cKy_Bling
"I like my beers cold, and my homosexuals flamin'!"
http://www.ckymusic.com
DAMN RIGHT I'M A SPAMMER!!
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Bling wrote: yea i thought 4 player worked....i had friends over for a super spike sitting...and it didnt work....so we played goleneye on my 64 emulater for DC all night....
Was that some kind of stupid joke? Look, nobody here is stupid enough (save for a few noobs) to beleive that you have an N64 emulator for DC. Don't say crap like that...
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

SinisterTengu wrote:
Bling wrote: yea i thought 4 player worked....i had friends over for a super spike sitting...and it didnt work....so we played goleneye on my 64 emulater for DC all night....
Was that some kind of stupid joke? Look, nobody here is stupid enough (save for a few noobs) to beleive that you have an N64 emulator for DC. Don't say crap like that...
maybe he meant pc.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!