Scientists find soft tissue in T-Rex fossil

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scientists find soft tissue in T-Rex fossil

Post by AuroEdge »

Scientists Find Soft Tissue in T-Rex Bone
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A 70-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex fossil dug out of a hunk of sandstone has yielded soft tissue, including blood vessels and perhaps even whole cells, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday. Paleontologists forced to break the creature's massive thighbone to get it on a helicopter found not a solid piece of fossilized bone, but instead something looking a bit less like a rock. When they got it into a lab and chemically removed the hard minerals, they found what looked like blood vessels, bone cells and perhaps even blood cells. "They are transparent, they are flexible," said Mary Higby Schweitzer of North Carolina State University and Montana State University, who conducted the study. She said the vessels were flexible and in some cases their contents could be squeezed out.

Read Article Here
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Let the clonage begin! :lol:

I reckon they should clone them, but breed them small. Like those miniature ponies or something. So you would have a T-Rex, but it'd only be the size of a large dog or something. Sure it could do a lot of damage even at that size, but so can tigers and animals like that. Just make sure it's properly secured. :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Wasn't this one pulled out of Weekly World News?

Edit:It's not. Score one for the creationists.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Skynet wrote:Let the clonage begin! :lol:

I reckon they should clone them, but breed them small. Like those miniature ponies or something. So you would have a T-Rex, but it'd only be the size of a large dog or something. Sure it could do a lot of damage even at that size, but so can tigers and animals like that. Just make sure it's properly secured. :D
An elephant sized Trex would be nice. :lol:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Skynet wrote:So you would have a T-Rex, but it'd only be the size of a large dog or something.
Yeah, and then we could make them fight and place bets on it and stuff. Ooh, and have announcers like a monster truck rally.

"Millions of years of evolution has come down to one night! Watch two miniature beasts of the past square off to make each other extinct again! It's the fearsome Tinyasaurus Rex versus the evil Mini Meat! Who will survive and who will become fossil fuel? Find out this Saturday...Saturday...Saturday..."
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:rofl:

toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

EvilN wrote:Wasn't this one pulled out of Weekly World News?

You mean score one for the evolutionists, as creationists don't believe in the fossil record.
No signature.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Yeah well who cares what EvilN says anyway :twisted: :lol:

Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

How do you figure?
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

toastman wrote:

You mean score one for the evolutionists, as creationists don't believe in the fossil record.
The stuff was obviously placed there by the devil to get us to turn away from God.

Oh, and ROFL @ Mel.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Man Jurassic Park! :o
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

How do you figure?
I'll answer you and toastman's question with a question...is it really possible for bone marrow and blood to survive for MILLENIA without decaying?

And by creationists, I meant people who think that dinosaurs lived FAR later than was said, and what killed them was the flood/ice age/comment that destroyed lemuria.
Last edited by Egotistical EvilN on Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

EvilN wrote:
How do you figure?
I'll answer you and toastman's question with a question...is it really possible for bone marrow and blood to survive for MILLENIA without decaying?
Yes.

Edit: beleive it or not EvilN Alamaba Homeschool education doesn't teach someone like you everything you need to know about advanced biochemistry. Sorry.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Random_Troll wrote:
EvilN wrote:
How do you figure?
Yes.

Edit: beleive it or not EvilN Alamaba Homeschool education doesn't teach someone like you everything you need to know about advanced biochemistry. Sorry.
I've never used this lame-ass internet acronym/annoying nerd thing but I beleive I'm entitled to saying it once without being flamed................. here it goes "EVILN GOT PWNED BY RT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111WONWONWON"
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Do I see this thread turning into pages and pages of EvilN pwnage? If this page is any indicator... :lol: Then yes.

SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

EvilN wrote:I meant people who think that dinosaurs lived FAR later than was said, and what killed them was the flood/ice age/comment that destroyed lemuria.
Like the people who wrote this
"Lemuria

Description
Lemuria was an ancient civilization which existed prior to and during the time of Atlantis. Physically, it is believed that Lemuria existed largely in the Southern Pacific, between North America and Asia/Australia. Lemuria is also sometimes referred to as Mu, or the Motherland (of Mu). At its peak of civilization, the Lemurian people were both highly evolved and very spiritual. While concrete physical evidence of this ancient continent may be difficult to find, many people "know" that they have a strong connection to Lemuria."
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Lemuria was an ancient civilization which existed prior to and during the time of Atlantis. Physically, it is believed that Lemuria existed largely in the Southern Pacific, between North America and Asia/Australia. Lemuria is also sometimes referred to as Mu, or the Motherland (of Mu). At its peak of civilization, the Lemurian people were both highly evolved and very spiritual. While concrete physical evidence of this ancient continent may be difficult to find, many people "know" that they have a strong connection to Lemuria."
Yes... :wtf:

Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

No, explain to me, how since the average human bloodcell lives less than a year, how a reptile one could survive for literaly 8,000,000 times that?

And yes, that is Lemuria/Mu. Now, go read up on it, the comet that took half of the planet with it, the face on mars that mirrors the egyptian pyramids, and the aliens known as the marduk.

Then, you'll have a SLIGHT grasping of REAL history.

Also, how Yellowstone is about to explode, and the mayans predicted it: the year 2015.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

EvilN wrote:
No, explain to me, how since the average human bloodcell lives less than a year, how a reptile one could survive for literaly 8,000,000 times that?
Ok, let's read the first sentence of the article:
A 70-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex fossil dug out of a hunk of sandstone has yielded soft tissue, including blood vessels and perhaps even whole cells, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday.
I highlighted the important passage for you.

Now, if I were to speculate, I'd guess this dinosaur is something similar to a sand mummy. Hot sand is well known for drying and preserving things. You can try it yourself. Get some sand, bury a chicken in it and heat it with a heat lamp. In a month or so, you'll have your own sand mummy. Over a period of 70 million years, sand becomes sandstone along with whatever was buried in the sand.

Ice is also a very good preservative. Our entire society is based on this. Your average steak will last two or three days. In the refrigerator, maybe 10 days. In the freezer, it'll last indefinitely. This is proven in nature by all the whole frozen mammoths, ?tzi and the Kennewick Man
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

And yes, that is Lemuria/Mu. Now, go read up on it, the comet that took half of the planet with it, the face on mars that mirrors the egyptian pyramids, and the aliens known as the marduk.
No buddy. There was never a Mu. Only Atlantis. And Atlantis is the South Pole. Maybe you are confusing the two.

And there was no comet, it was a the shifting of the polar ice caps. There is evidence of 3 ice caps in the magnetic fossil record.