Car Audio Question

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Car Audio Question

Post by pixel »

I've got a deck in my car that supports line-in from a CD changer. I was wondering if I could make a male 1/4in -> input for my mp3 player. Anybody here an expert? :lol:
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by riva16 »

That would work... Make sure you get left and right channels right so it sounds good. You can even use an in-line driver to boost the signal so it sounds cleaner.
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Yup, it'd work. Need to be carefuly if you use a signal booster so you don't blow the deck.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

For real... You could also use 4 seperate in-line drivers for each speaker, then a in-line driver to boost your RCA pre-outs. Thats the more conventional way to make you pre-amp voltage gigher so you don't use AS much power for the amp, or to just give your subs a clearer signal. Thats way off topic of what you asked, but may be something new you didn't know.
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Oh, so the inputs for the changer are just RCA? I remember seeing those when I helped my brother put it in, but it never crossed my mind. Thanks guys :)
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

I don't know if this is easily possible. I don't think he's saying that he already has a 1/4 inch female, he's saying that he wants to convert a 1/4in male to the changer cord. What kind of deck is it? You may be able to do it, but it may be a lot more complicated than its worth.

-Matt
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Well, I have a 1/4in male>RCA cable. The male, 1/4in will plug into the iPod and lead to the signal booster:
[iPod]<<----------->>Signal Booster<->Back of deck (i.e., RCA)
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

Oh, so it does have RCA inputs on the back? If so, then yes, as you know it it easily possible.

-Matt