Ben Heckendorn's portable making book is out!

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ben Heckendorn's portable making book is out!

Post by arrowhead »

http://www.benheck.com

The book Ben has been writting is finally out. I went to my local barnesandnoble and I checked out Bens book. Man it is awesome. It has step by step instructions on how to build a portable NES, SNES, atari, ect. He even gives instructions on how to build the case so it looks like his hand built cases. He also has a link on his website if you want to order the premade CNC cut cases he has access to. Expensive for the case, I would just build one at home. His book gives awesome instructions. He gives us detailed instructions and drawings for all the cicuits, he gives a parts list and where to get them, cutting templates. EVERYTHING YO NEED TO KNOW TO BUILD A PORTABLE. Even how to hack a psone screen or a portable TV screen.

Check it out modders, it rules.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

How much is the book? I may be interested...
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

39 at barnes and noble, cheaper online through amazon 19.74 from amazon.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I think they may have free shipping at amazon, but hurry up and get it. I got it at mediaplay.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

Hmm.. it would be interesting to see the making cases part, that has always been one of my question marks on portable projects, or any project that matter, is how to make a nice looking case..
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Synlor wrote:Hmm.. it would be interesting to see the making cases part, that has always been one of my question marks on portable projects, or any project that matter, is how to make a nice looking case..
Vaccume formers.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

zerotype wrote:
Synlor wrote:Hmm.. it would be interesting to see the making cases part, that has always been one of my question marks on portable projects, or any project that matter, is how to make a nice looking case..
Vaccume formers.
Heckendorn uses a computer controlled router. Very pricey things.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Lartrak wrote:
zerotype wrote:
Vaccume formers.
Heckendorn uses a computer controlled router. Very pricey things.
yea I heard about that, I was just sayin a way to do it. I actually think I know some one who has access to one of those.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Heckendorn uses a cnc router for some of his cases, but a lot of them are hand made. His book has a part list and complete directions to make a case for a playstation prtable, NES, SNES, and atri 2600. The part lists didnt look too bad, most if not all of the items can be gotten at home depot. And he has templates available for download.

At benheck.com if you look at his projects he will tell you which ones are cnc and which are hand made. I like the hand made ones better because they are mostly made around the 5" psone screen, whereas the cnc ones are made around the smaller portable TV screen.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

He is selling cases now. Both hand-made and cnc. $60+. A little pricey, so I will just be making my own.