Back in Time to Elementary School!

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Back in Time to Elementary School!

Post by DesertSessions »

I was wondering, have any of you played an old game called Oregon Trail or Oregon Trail Deluxe? OMG That game was aweseome..rofl....*sings* meeeemmmorrriiieees*sings* Im living too much in the past :lol: This would be such an awesome port for the dreamcast. Atleast I would think so.....i guess since I my self loved this game....you got to hunt dear, rabit, bears and stuff....and most of your friends and relatives die of the measles. Ah, measles...the sign of a classic game. :lol:.
"Send two dozen roses to Room 424 and put 'Emily, I love you' on the back of the bill." - Groucho Marx
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

well, last time i checked, it, it isnt open source. And according to rules, you need source code to ask for a port.

But, it was a good game. So was Number Munchers, Math Blaster Plus, and Dr. Quandry's Secret Island.

There was also Midnight Maddness, and Kid Pix, and....... (rambles on til he falls asleep.)
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DesertSessions »

OMG! NUMBER MUNCHERS!!! *has a flashback* omg, that was a sweet game....so was mathblaster, i dont know if you remeber Reader Rabbit? rofl. those were awesome. Oh I forgot about that open source thing. I apologize. Or it would be a great if someone developed a game of similar taste like Oregon Trail. I mean come on.....you cant deny its awesomeness. :lol:
"Send two dozen roses to Room 424 and put 'Emily, I love you' on the back of the bill." - Groucho Marx
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Dr. Quandry's Secret Island was A F*CKED UP GAME. there was like the talking dall who was missing a leg and stuff. ::shivers::

The rest of those are playable on apple II emulators for the DC. ( * Munchers that is)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DesertSessions »

Dr. Quandry's Secret Island was A F*CKED UP GAME. there was like the talking dall who was missing a leg and stuff. ::shivers::
rofl. A TALKING DOLL MISSING A LEG??!!! OMG!! That is hillarious stuff. What other games do you remember playing quzar? lol..... :lol:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Museum Madness was a favorite of mine.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DesertSessions »

Oh sweet. I will be sure to find that Game. lol. :D
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

There was also Math Magic. It was this arkanoid type game that had you solve math puzzles every so often between levels. I was convinced that the main wizard character was evil and attempting to hack the school record, but nobody listened... >.>

lol, and I actually beat Dr. Quandry's Secret Island. The was also Gizmos and Gadgets....which i have for the pc. I feel so gawd awful old. :roll:

[EDIT:] I had to mine my memory for this one. Milly's Math House. :o
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DesertSessions »

rofl.....i bet you do. Heck, I dont even remember Math Magic. IM ONLY 16 ROFL. :lol:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Morphv2 wrote:There was also Math Magic. It was this arkanoid type game that had you solve math puzzles every so often between levels. I was convinced that the main wizard character was evil and attempting to hack the school record, but nobody listened... >.>

lol, and I actually beat Dr. Quandry's Secret Island. The was also Gizmos and Gadgets....which i have for the pc. I feel so gawd awful old. :roll:

[EDIT:] I had to mine my memory for this one. Milly's Math House. :o
Most of the games you are talking about were lightyears ahead of what i was playing when i was little, but i got a REALLY early start on computers and computer games (apple IIc in my room of my own at 3). I'm only 18, but most of the games i played were from 1980-1984.
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

Yeah, 18 here. But then again, our school had Macintosh LC's which were actually decent for games :p.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

quzar wrote:Museum Madness was a favorite of mine.
I beat that one, and I totally remember hating the exhibit on writing.

but for the most part, SO well designed.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

number munchers was great
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

I remember playing some game that you had to get to the top of a mountain using basic math... I don't remember what It was called, though. It was for mac. *shivers* but then again, all my elementary school had was macs. :(