Which one is better Ps2 or Xbox?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which one is better Ps2 or Xbox?

Post by tekkaman1 »

The Xbox have better graphics but I think the Ps2 have better games. I like Rpg's and fighting games but Xbox doesn't have many Rpg's or fighting games to choose from. What do you think?
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

Out of both systems, and as much as it pains me to say this... Xbox is the better choice. Buy a PS2 only for PS2 exclusives. :)

Hell has frozen over... I actually recommended an Xbox! :o
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

PS2 has more "classic" games, a better variety, a bigger library, and better games in general. Xbox has more power, a hard drive, and an awesome homebrew scene. I'm tied on this one. PS2 brought me much joy with the games I've bought for it, but the hard drive for my Xbox has brought me much joy (and I haven't even modded yet).
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

i dont worrie about that. mainly people who say a system is "better" are just FANboys with nothing else better to do. that have one system and not the other. But in terms of power? xbox has it no contest.

IMO just buy games and play them on the systems. Only reason i dont own a PS2 yet? lets see....150 bucks for a 5 year old console, yea right.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

PS@ ROOLZ!!!!!11 M$ AND NINTNEDO SUX0RZ!!!!!!!1
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

@Luriden

PS2 has a hard drive as well, just not built in. However this is made up with the fact PS2 can play DVD movies "out of the box", and for Xbox to play DVD's your FORCED to buy a $30 remote. :roll:
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Which one is better Ps2 or Xbox?

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

tekkaman1 wrote:The Xbox have better graphics but I think the Ps2 have better games. I like Rpg's and fighting games but Xbox doesn't have many Rpg's or fighting games to choose from. What do you think?
If RPG's and Fighters are your bag, then definately go with a PS2! :thumbsup:
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

2004? Xbox > PS2 then pissed in its eye for good measure. Cumulative? PS2 > Xbox, because I like RPGs, quirky games, and the controller better. Also, PS1 games.
Very sexy hero, omg
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Nauzi wrote:@Luriden

PS2 has a hard drive as well, just not built in. However this is made up with the fact PS2 can play DVD movies "out of the box", and for Xbox to play DVD's your FORCED to buy a $30 remote. :roll:

The reason for that is simple. The CSS license fee is built in to the price of the PS2 console. That's also why the DVD remote is only $10. The price of the license is included on the Xbox remote, so the remote itself is $10 and the license is $20.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Get an xbox, mod it then get the snes emulator, then play some of the best rpg's ever made :mrgreen: .
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Mainly for the games I would go with PS2 you get a lot of off kilter games like Katamari Damarcy, and Mark of Kri. I know for Steel Batalion I would not mind having an X box.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Nauzi wrote:Out of both systems, and as much as it pains me to say this... Xbox is the better choice. Buy a PS2 only for PS2 exclusives. :)

Hell has frozen over... I actually recommended an Xbox! :o
Ditto
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Xbox, the PS2 only has a few exclusives left anyway
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Obviously hardware wise Xbox hands down. Best Value is still Xbox hands down.

But if your into RPG's the Playstation 2 has Xbox beat. And of course if you don't have a Ps1 you can play the Ps1 games on a PS2.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
keithygeorge
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by keithygeorge »

i've had both, I love and miss me xbox...me ps2, I thought the money was better spent on beer...

Dunno, people who've had playstations rarely like different consoles, the pads for ps2's are superior to the xbox pad, just seems to sit nicely in the palm of ya hand (only had big pads for me xbox...so da little ones might be pimpier?!?!) The fact that when ya racin on sega gt ya can be listenin to all da tracks on ya hard drive is mint.

HALO!! Can any game on earth beat either of the halo series (second ones abit too short for my likin, and ends far to abruptly, but anyways).

The home brew scene for xbox is amazin, ya can emulate pretty much anythin, just have alll ya favourite apps on ya browser just to run from ya hard-drive...really, once you unlock it, theres nothing close to a perfect gaming system imo

Think the gameplay on an xbox is abit more adult in some ways aswell, ps2 seems still to be aimed at 13-17 y/o's.
keithygeorge
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by keithygeorge »

btw...probably the most fun fightin game to muck about on wiv ya mates has gotta be doa3 ;)
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

I would say ps2, i got an xbox for christmas and it bores me, not that many games i like for it (strategy, ect) and the whole xbox scene requires actually modding the system and im not into soldering and crap
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Xbox hands down
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

megaman8x wrote:I would say ps2, i got an xbox for christmas and it bores me, not that many games i like for it (strategy, ect) and the whole xbox scene requires actually modding the system and im not into soldering and crap
Buying an action replay and putting a save file on it, and then copying that save file over to your xbox and loading it up is not hard :? , trust me, do it and i bet that xbox will be used a hell of a lot more then it is now.

And how can the xbox not have many games you like for it?, it has pretty much everything the ps2 has, except for a few exclusive ps2 games..
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Lunchbox wrote:Xbox hands down
True. PS2 is the console for Japanese RPGs and some games like Jak & Daxter. But for multiplatform games, the Xbox wins.

And Live... well... Live is something else that changes your perspective of the console games (I got a DC after Sega pulled the plug, and my first online game on a console was PSO Ep. 1 & 2). The PS2 online games just don't have the same feel as Live. Voice Chat is nice.

Oh, and don't forget Halo.

Anyway, get both. Every console has its strenghts. Being a fanboy is stupid. Take my case for example. I was (and am) a Nintendo Fanboy, but the DC & Xbox got my attention. I played a couple of games in a PS2 and had fun.

Just get the one you think you can have the most fun.