Selfbooting DreamSNES 0.9.7 with DSSBS Final

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Download DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page. Unzip it. *If you're using WinXP/2000 you'll also need to download the choice.zip found on the Needed Tools page to get DSSBS Final working properly. Unzip it & put CHOICE.COM into the DSSBS Final folder.*

Download the DreamSNES 0.9.7 plain files from the DreamSNES homepage or from DCEmu's DreamSNES page.

Unzip DreamSNES 0.9.7. Put the IP.BIN found in the "dreamsnes-0.9.7" folder into the folder called "cd". Move everything in the "cd" folder into DSSBS Final's "new" folder.

Unzip all your Super Nintendo roms into a folder called "roms". Put that folder into DSSBS Final's new folder (if it isn't in there already).

Download the ROM.LST creator from the DCFactory Utils page or from DC Emu's Needed Tools page. Unzip it & start it up, then find & select the "roms" folder that's in the DSSBS Final "new" folder & press the "Make ROMS.LST" button.

Click on dssbs.bat & select 1 to make a Discjuggler image, 2 to make a Nero image, 3 to make a CDRWin image or 4 to make a Fireburner image.

Once the image is made, start up your burning program of choice & select burn image.

CREDITS
---------------------------
DreamSNES v0.9.7: Marcus Comstedt, Peter Bortas & Per Hedbor
DSSBS Final: Discostu55555
CHOICE.COM: CyberChick
ROM.LST Creator: kRYPT_
Guide written by: Dr Zoidberg
Last edited by Dr Zoidberg on Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Selfbooting DreamSNES 0.9.6 with DSSBS Final

Post by someoneElse »

Dr Zoidberg wrote: Unzip DreamSNES 0.9.6. Put the IP.BIN found in the "dreamsnes-0.9.5" folder into the folder called "cd".
My version of the .96 files don't have a 'dreamsnes-0.95' folder. Help, this is all too confusing, er or something.....

(Yay, now the tutorial won't get bumped off the first page by tomorrow night..)

Seriously though, this really should be stickied to the top, in my opinion, since a lot of people don't seem to even read the FAQ, let alone get all the way down to the link for the last version of this tutorial you posted..
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Selfbooting DreamSNES 0.9.6 with DSSBS Final

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

someoneElse wrote: My version of the .96 files don't have a 'dreamsnes-0.95' folder. Help, this is all too confusing, er or something.....
DOH! I knew I'd screw at least one thing up. :wink:
StraitJack
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by StraitJack »

after i create a image, diskjuggler always gets a buffer under run or other bad thing while burning the first session and gets loads in the second, creating a coaster, i got this with both dssbs final AND autodetect AND the other one, janes or something...????

ALSO the diskjuggler image thats available for download here only burns the audio... whats the problem?

ive tried this on PC after burning 3 good versions on a MAC with toast but none load saves

im at my wits end truly
Jeeba Jabba wrote: Yeah. It is "Laughing out Loud" It was never "Laugh out Loud"
I was on AOL when during the inception of these expressions.
Hong Kong people ?twaaaaa??2002-4-17
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

StraitJack wrote: after i create a image, diskjuggler always gets a buffer under run or other bad thing while burning the first session and gets loads in the second, creating a coaster, i got this with both dssbs final AND autodetect AND the other one, janes or something...????
Try burning the CD at SLOW speeds, like maybe 1x-2x. That might help with your buffer underruns. Maybe. I don't know how fast you were trying it at before.
StraitJack wrote: ALSO the diskjuggler image thats available for download here only burns the audio... whats the problem?
I think the image you downloaded had an audio track for the first session. A lot of PC CD drives will take one look at it and only see an audio CD. Most of the selfbooting suites make both sessions as data.

Try using different burning software, like the free version of Nero, and try burning on another CDRW drive (on another machine, or wherever you can get acess to one), because some drives(usually older ones) just can't seem to make a DC-bootable disk correctly, like mine.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

StraitJack wrote: after i create a image, diskjuggler always gets a buffer under run or other bad thing while burning the first session and gets loads in the second, creating a coaster, i got this with both dssbs final AND autodetect AND the other one, janes or something...????

ALSO the diskjuggler image thats available for download here only burns the audio... whats the problem?

ive tried this on PC after burning 3 good versions on a MAC with toast but none load saves

im at my wits end truly
What brand/make of CD burner are you using?

I don't think burning it on a PC will make it any different than burning it on a MAC though.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Ehh..I clicked on the dssbs.bat and it tells me that "detected dreamcast file(s), please make sure all the necessary files are in \new

well...i hate this. because i put the Ip.bin file in the folder, i did EVERYTHING you said.. :|
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Shouldn't this post be sticky?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

ZacMc wrote: Shouldn't this post be sticky?
Yeah it SHOULD be but ol' Zoidburg can't get it off that many times a day.

LOL :)
RobotDad
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

My DC isn't recognizing the CD

Post by RobotDad »

Well, After trying the premade Images posted on this site and making a bunch of coasters (my burner..?), I resorted to Dssbs. Well, it worked, and I was able to burn two CD's, but my DC thinks they're audio CD's. I followed the instructions and even put in the right settings in Disk Juggler (it was 2 tracks, mode 2, 2336, etc..) Couldn't make a Nero image...(?)

:x I am thoroughly frustrated.. please help this poor newbie....
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

My DC isn't recognizing the CD

Post by ZacMc »

RobotDad wrote: Well, After trying the premade Images posted on this site and making a bunch of coasters (my burner..?), I resorted to Dssbs. Well, it worked, and I was able to burn two CD's, but my DC thinks they're audio CD's. I followed the instructions and even put in the right settings in Disk Juggler (it was 2 tracks, mode 2, 2336, etc..) Couldn't make a Nero image...(?)

:x I am thoroughly frustrated.. please help this poor newbie....
you might have a new DC that doesn't work with cd-r's :?
RobotDad
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by RobotDad »

you might have a new DC that doesn't work with cd-r's
My DC was made in Nov. of 2000, But... I borrowed some cdr copies from a friend and they all worked.... :? Any other suggestions??
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

[quote="RobotDad"]
[quote]you might have a new DC that doesn't work with cd-r's[/quote]
My DC was made in Nov. of 2000, But... I borrowed some cdr copies from a friend and they all worked.... :? Any other suggestions??
[/quote]

Was it an audio/data CD that you had problems with or a data/data Cd?

I believe both DSSBS and DCFactory make data/data images.

Since the disks burned by a friend worked, and if there was nothing wrong with how you made your images, it's probably your CDRW drive. Some drives(usually older ones) just can't seem to make a DC bootable disk. Mine, for example, an LG drive. You'll probably have to burn it on another machine. Try and see if you can borrow another drive to test it out on.
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi,

Ok, I tried Dssbs and it didn't work. I have a brand new comp. It has winXP. May I inquire, have there been issues with Dssbs not running at all in XP? When I click on it, it just stops dead. doesn't even display more then a flash. Can anyone help me here? I was trying to burn a 1 disk version of Dsnes with my roms.

Newbie in Deep,
Link
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

[quote="Link"]
Hi,

Ok, I tried Dssbs and it didn't work. I have a brand new comp. It has winXP. May I inquire, have there been issues with Dssbs not running at all in XP? When I click on it, it just stops dead. doesn't even display more then a flash. Can anyone help me here? I was trying to burn a 1 disk version of Dsnes with my roms.

Newbie in Deep,
Link
[/quote]

Hate to ask, but did you get the choice.com file and put it in the right place?
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi,

lol yep i got it but i have no idea exactly where to put it. just in the folder where dssbs is?

Sorry ima bit new to the whole burner thing anyways lol thanx,
Link

P.S. he sed in the folder so that wat i assumed
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hey again,

Just looked and yes it's where he sed to put it. but when i click the Bat file to run it it just flashes and stops.

Confused,
Link
Link

cgmneon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Self-boot DreamSNES and Roms on 1 CD

Post by cgmneon »

Wow, thanks! Worked great! I did just as you said to, and it was easy!
Kuruptr
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Kuruptr »

Does the Roms.lst need to be put in the main folder??

I get it to load, but it only gets up to the Pike Productions screen, and doesnt go further. I'm getting annoyed :evil:
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kuruptr wrote:Does the Roms.lst need to be put in the main folder??
You put the rom.lst in the roms folder.