a vga-mode bug....

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Walter
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

a vga-mode bug....

Post by Walter »

I use a vga-box to play dreamcast on my computer monitor, and i use the vga-mode on dreamsnes to make the games look better. Its just that the vga-mode is being turned off every time I go back to the dreamsnes menu. So everytime i want to play another snes-game, i have to go to the config-menu and turn vga-mode on. Just a little bug that the dreamsnes team should think about in their next release...
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

What are you talking about? There is no "VGA-mode" setting on the config menu, VGA mode is selected with the switch on VGA-box.
Walter
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Walter »

sorry, my fault. it's called "tv-mode" in theconfig menu and it's used to make it look more like playing on a tv when you use a vga-box. Just imagine that it says "tv-mode" instead of "vga-mode" in my text above and it'll make more sense.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

You mean you have a box that alllows you to switch back and forth between teevee and vga?

And I don't really know how useful that'd be, I hate teevee mode, always play with that off for extra crisp games in vga mode.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

You mean you have a box that alllows you to switch back and forth between teevee and vga?
actually most vga boxs have a tv out as well (usually av+s-vid outputs), both of mine do, and i know the sega brand one does...

in the dreamsnes menu theres an option called tv mode... what it is is a scanline option... basically it just runs lines across the screen to make it look like a tv... but there isnt much of a point as you probably wouldnt be using a vga moniter if you didnt want an improved picture... and yes, i noticed the problem, just didnt think it was worth mentioning...