Oh god I hate asking for help...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Oh god I hate asking for help...

Post by -Azathoth- »

Can anyone school me on how to create a NesterDC Emu+roms disk?
My attempt to try and apply the Dreamsnes method that the benevolent DrZoidberg was so kind enough to post in the SNES forum, isnt working for me. Can some kind soul please give me a small tutorial on their own tried and true method? Thanks DCemu! :?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Did you try the NesterDC version of the guide? Here it is if you haven't:

Download DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page.

Download the latest version of the NesterDC 1ST_READ.BIN & the package from here.

Unzip the package & then put the IP.BIN into the folder called "files" that's in the package. Overwrite the old 1ST_READ.BIN in the "files" folder with the newer version if the package doesn't include the newest one already.

Unzip DSSBS Final & put everything from the package's "files" folder into DSSBS's "new" folder. So the "new" folder should have a 1st_read.bin, an ip.bin & 2 folders called games & pics in it.

Put your unzipped roms into the "games" folder.

Click on dssbs.bat, then press 1 to make a Discjuggler image or 2 for a Nero image.

Once it's done start up DJ & select New > CD Image to CD Recorder or start up Nero & select File > Burn Image, then burn it.
Agent 00Zer0
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agent 00Zer0 »

easiest way is with dcfactory. i highly reccomend it. you can find it on the main page, or http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/dcfactory/
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

awesome.

Post by -Azathoth- »

Cool. Doubtless it will work, but I'll report back when its done.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Coolness

Post by -Azathoth- »

OKOK Here are my results...

Dssbs Final didnt work for either NesterDC or Dsnes. I have a feeling it isnt working because of my OS. I use Win2000pro, so maybe thats why whenever I clicked on the dssbs bat, it just flashed then nada.

Fortunately, using DCFactory was a snap! The only bad part was having to DL all the plain files there were needed for stuff like NesterDC and Dsnes, but after looking into the other things you can make with DCFactory, like GypPlay, I just downloaded EVERYTHING! I should be busy well into next weekend burning everything DCFactory lets you. Man, I wasa really impressed with the presentation of DCFactory! I'm sure DSSBS Final works for a lot of people quite well, but DCFactory is just plain idiot proof, even down to the links to sites that carry all the plain files, and the news link updates! For those of you reading this, wondering how to get updates for programs like Dsnes0.9.6 (because when I opened up DCFactory only o.9.5 was listed) all you have to do is hit the "Retrieve" button in the Welcome section, and it will update DCFactory so you can burn the plain files of the latest version of whatever! Pretty awesome indeed!

I wonder why dssbsfinal didnt work on my pc? I have a Pentium3/Win2000professional/Sony Vaio laptop and yet, it didnt work? hmm..maybe I made a mistake? I loaded all the needed files from Dsnes into a new folder, and dumped all the roms into the rom folder, hit dssbs bat, and nothing. just a dos prompt flash, then nothing.

Oh, almost forgot. Try burning (if you have plenty of extra cd-r's) A seperate Dsnes disk, and try loading it then swapping with the roms disk. There seems to be a bug in loading the entire roms folder. I've only been able to load 8 roms max, when there should have been well over 60 roms being loaded. I burnt TWO disks just making sure it wasnt a bug on my end, but same result, up until I made a Single Emu+Roms disk, that works fine. Can anyone else verify this?
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

apparently the "choice" option used in dssbs doesnt work in win2k/xp...some people have simply included the choice.com file in the same directory as dssbs and its worked just like it does on a 9.x setup... someone uploaded the file on the boards before, you can try to find it if you want, but if you like dcfactory, just stick with it as they do the same thing in the end...