Whose playin GTA:SA?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whose playin GTA:SA?

Post by JuddWack »

I'm suprised there hasn't been a topic by now. The game is sweet, controls are still crap though. They are some of the worst in recent videogames I think, but it still manages to be fun as hell. I wish I had more time to play it though. We got it the day it came out and I don't even think I've logged 10 hours yet. My little bro is over 20 and my older is over 40.

You guys got any funny stories from the game?
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Well kinda when playign I jumped off a building and held forward and hit into a car and dented it.I also hti a polcie officer on a bike really fats and he flew onto my hood and shot me.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i'm gonna hold off til the pc version coem sout between april and may :)

plus i can use the mta mod :)
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I hate the setting really a lot, the vehicle collision is inferior, and the music sucks. Might be OK for all the huge amount of crap in the game, but I'm not buying it.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

Is this going to come out for Xbox by any chance, and if it is, is it going to be a straight port or a revamp like the GTA double pack was for the xbox?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

My brother has put over 50 hours in it and got it on launch day. I played it a little bit and yes, the controls are still crap. There seemed to be a hell of a lot of slow down during collisions and when there is a lot of activity or explosions on the screen. Besides that, the graphics look like a real improvement over the past two GTA games for PS2.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

the character customization is a nice touch.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

everything that i heard about it makes it sound shenmue-esque. One of your parents is murdered, so you go after the killer. Along the way you train, fight, complete quests and get a job. eh? eh?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

more or less. cept a lot more violent.
Adam3000
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Adam3000 »

Shenmue can't touch this, this is actually a fun game, whereas shenmue was very VERY boring
Iced Coffee man
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Iced Coffee man »

Yesterday I was flying in a plane and I fell asleep because I was laying down. When I woke up, my plane was in the water and it took me 20 minutes to swim back to dry land.
Another time I was flying and I fell asleep and I crashed into a mountain
Fuck you, the dark patriot
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I bought it. It has a lot of really neat features. The mini-games came as a big surprise to me for one thing. However after listening to the Music, as well as reading through the manual I can say the music SUCKS MAJOR ASS!!!! When I think of Vice City the first thing that comes to mind is the badass sound track. The sound track of SA is horrible, its nothing but a bunch of Rap BS. This is pretty much the thing I complained about months before the game came out, although people thought I was a fool to think this game would have all rap style music. Seems I was correct in this.

I also didn't care much for the newbie missions. When me and my friend first heard there would be Bikes in the game we both agreed there would be some BS mission involveing you having to ride a bike while some peckerwood chased you to a certain point. Well lo and behold that not only made it into the game, but its the first f**king mission you gotta do!!! Not only are played not used to the controls of a bike, but they are required to get a bike home while following there homies through a town they have no knowledge of AND while being chased by some peckerwoods trying to shoot your ass. It took me 5 trys just to beat the first mission. Then I got to spend 3 hours trying to find the BS spray locations for that one mission.

My biggest complaint about this game is the fact they tell you to go to so and so's place and give you no map locations to get there. I guess Rockstar expects people to know San Adreas by the back of there hand or something. Granted by the time I beat Vice City I could find anything in Vice City. However expecting a person to know this town in the first few missions in BS.

In any case this is a good game and all, but I can all ready tell it is no where near as good as Vice City. I will give it credit and say it beats GTA3 though. I just never could get into GTA3. It just left too much to be desired.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Controls are shit. Missions are somewhat original. Size is nice. Soundtrack is shit (I like east coast and underground rap, but not the west coast old school shit). Cars are cool. Overall package is above par. If I were to rate it, I would give it 7.8/10.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Adam3000 wrote:Shenmue can't touch this, this is actually a fun game, whereas shenmue was very VERY boring
Blasphemy
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

Roofus wrote:
Adam3000 wrote:Shenmue can't touch this, this is actually a fun game, whereas shenmue was very VERY boring
Blasphemy
REPENT!!!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I love the Pool Mini-game. Also Ready to Bumble kept me enterained a few moments.

No doubt it will take me some time to learn this city. Not as easy to learn as Vice City was. Heck I could find about anything in VC. On this game I am lucky to make my way back home to save my game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Muthafukin Carl
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Muthafukin Carl »

GTA San Andreas ownz. I spend atleast 3-4 hours a day driving around, the map is huge. The music kinda sucks, GTA 3 has a better soundtrack.

GTA III > GTA San Andreas > GTA Vice city (I hate the 80s)
Currently playing:

Sega Marine fishing
Seaman
Super Mario All-Stars
Chile
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chile »

it is two player. that is awesome. you can find the easter egg in a ghetto. look it up.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Oh well, im waiting for the Xbox version, then I can listen to what I want
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Chile wrote:it is two player. that is awesome. you can find the easter egg in a ghetto. look it up.
Do you have any more information on this? I checked around the net for easter eggs and I could not find anything on 2 player mode?