W][ndows PC Developmet Environment? Maybe?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Slamoid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

W][ndows PC Developmet Environment? Maybe?

Post by Slamoid »

I use the 3Drad engine for PC (http://www.3drad.com), and it's VERY easy to use. I'm TERRIBLE at real actual code-programming.

So, when I looked at the Development page, I noticed that LibDream is apperantly very easy to use. It's also for somthing other that Winblows ;-). Linux maybe.

Anyways, would it be very hard to make a development enviornment similar to 3Drad to work with DC? Even just somthing to code and test in Wind0ws, and then to be able to directly port it to the DC.

I know I would be willing to pay BIG $$$ for somthing like this!!
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, than the packet pocket socket has an error to report.
SmitZo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SmitZo »

if it has source code then maybe it's possible IF NOT then it'd be near impossible...or REALLY hard
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

er,. the actual GUI wouldn't be too hard, use RQbasic (what BurnerO used for SBBPro) or BCC (What BurnerO uses for all his apps now) or Visual Basic (Krypt used this for DC Factory)

but compilers

thereas the difficult bit

linking to GCC could work, or a completely separate compiler

i think the GCC bit is more likely, trouble is.... most people can't be arsed, like myself
http://www.Spider-Console.co.uk
the ONLY place to leave
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

I do NOT use VB for DCFactory, only for it's scripts... DCFactory is written in Borland Delphi 5.

VB is used only as a scripting engine, because I didn't want to re-invent the wheel, and not enough people know Delphi, but tons know VB.
Lilmuckers wrote: er,. the actual GUI wouldn't be too hard, use RQbasic (what BurnerO used for SBBPro) or BCC (What BurnerO uses for all his apps now) or Visual Basic (Krypt used this for DC Factory)

but compilers

thereas the difficult bit

linking to GCC could work, or a completely separate compiler

i think the GCC bit is more likely, trouble is.... most people can't be arsed, like myself