The Unofficial Bush victory thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Unofficial Bush victory thread

Post by SuperMegatron »

Fox news has bush ahead by 30+ electoral votes. Exit polls in Ohio and Florida are leaning our way and if we win them and Pen. the race is over
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: The Unofficial Bush victory thread

Post by Lartrak »

SuperMegatron wrote:Fox news has bush ahead by 30+ electoral votes. Exit polls in Ohio and Florida are leaning our way and if we win them and Pen. the race is over
Wow. Fox News.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

Fox news has bush ahead by 30+ electoral votes. Exit polls in Ohio and Florida are leaning our way and if we win them and Pen. the race is over
please.

now roofus if u dont lock this sh1t it makes u a flip flopper :D
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: The Unofficial Bush victory thread

Post by TheWanderer »

Lartrak wrote:
Wow. Fox News.
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Again, CLOSED pending an outcome.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Reopened because well, you know.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

hahahahahaha........hahahahahaha
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

technically he still hasnt won. if the recount in ohio favors kerry, then kerry could still be the president. (the recount is required by state law{not sure if law is the proper term}, not something kerry was requesting.)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

It's all I can do it shrug and be sadden that kerry didnt win. I hate America.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

You should be preparing for the apocalypse.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Once again:

Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sorrie wrote:It's all I can do it shrug and be sadden that kerry didnt win. I hate America.
Ditto
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I dont get it if people hate America why dont they just leave?I mena seriously...
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

zerotype wrote:I dont get it if people hate America why dont they just leave?I mena seriously...
We plan to once we can. It's hard to just up in move. You gotta worry about the cost of it and then remeeting all knew people over again. Moving away isnt just a location change its a life change and those are often very hard to do. Plus I dont wanna leave people I love behind. Once this term finshes off and my gf is graduated then I will think about moving to canada. I love it there.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Sorrie wrote:
zerotype wrote:I dont get it if people hate America why dont they just leave?I mena seriously...
We plan to once we can. It's hard to just up in move. You gotta worry about the cost of it and then remeeting all knew people over again. Moving away isnt just a location change its a life change and those are often very hard to do. Plus I dont wanna leave people I love behind. Once this term finshes off and my gf is graduated then I will think about moving to canada. I love it there.
A bunch of us are teenagers, too, so it's hard to get up and move when you're legally and financially dependant on your parents.

But I think more people want to see America change then have to get up and pack their stuff. The former requires less effort on their part.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

People who say this have clearly not given much thought to what you leave behind when you move out of a country.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

just saying if you hate it sooo much then leave aparently you do nto hate it so mcuh you want to get up and leave.So stop your bitchign it is not going to fix anything or help anythign.I was simply giving a solution to the bitching.yes I know it is hard if you do like some things from where you were.Also America is bad nto not horrid you always will hate things about places if you have too high of an expectation that some were fed to them as a child and belived that America was the perfect havan.Well thankfully a lot of us pulled our heads out of our asses and realized that is bs and no place is perfect so we might as well get ust to it sur eif you liek Canada better go right on hell nothgin worng with Canada or The Aussies for that matter just saying they all got their problems havent you heard skynet bitch about the censorship?See no place is perfect.

that was not meant to offend any body simply put it into perspective is all.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Kerry has conceded anyway, so it doesn't really matter what happens, it won't be like last time.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

... or, they could fulfill their right as Americans and work for change. I can't stand America as it stands right now, but I will continue working toward change, fighting against the intolerance, racism, hatred, and reactionary politics that are currently running rampant throughout the country. I'm tired of hearing about the bad "Muslims", and about how much people hate "fags", and how the "spics" voted for Bush, etc. We are all people, and it makes me sick to hear so many people readily spew racist, intolerant, hate-filled comments without even thinking about the people they are hurting.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

curt_grymala wrote:
... or, they could fulfill their right as Americans and work for change. I can't stand America as it stands right now, but I will continue working toward change, fighting against the intolerance, racism, hatred, and reactionary politics that are currently running rampant throughout the country. I'm tired of hearing about the bad "Muslims", and about how much people hate "fags", and how the "spics" voted for Bush, etc. We are all people, and it makes me sick to hear so many people readily spew racist, intolerant, hate-filled comments without even thinking about the people they are hurting.
Well stated. Additionally, it's not really an issue of "hating America." It's a hatred of the negative aspects, which is an important thing to have. Just shouting out "America is Great! USA #1! We are the best!" all the time isn't healthy for a country or a human being, because it deliberately casts aside what problems you do have. You need to actually acknowledge and accept that some things are seriously fucked up right now, because there are seriously positive things but equally serious negatives... and because you can't deal with a problem until you at least recognize and understand that problem.

And to be perfectly honest, that's the thing that bothers me most about Bush. He doesn't try understand any viewpoint but his own, or work to broaden his perspective at all. Such was evident in his handling of the Iraq debacle, and such is very clearly evident in his handling of domestic issues. Even the reelection speeches made that clear: I don't remember whether it was Bush himself or Cheney who said it, but the administration stated specifically that the reelection had given them a "mandate" to continue their current course of actions, because that must be what the American people wanted. And his idea of "reaching out to unite," rather than trying to find something acceptable to the widest number of people, is instead telling everyone "you may not agree with me, but just do everything I want anyway so we can be unified."

Fact is, the close election results bely the fact that the nation is deeply divided. There's just no denying that, given the highly acrid nature of politics over the last couple years, especially. And whether your "side" is in the majority or the minority, you have to recognize that the opposition is STRONGLY opposed to what you are doing, and still makes up a huge chunk of America. You can't just do everything your side wants and screw the other guy, because that means you're just telling half the people you're supposed to be working for to go shove it. That's okay for the House of Representatives, since your job there is to represent the views of your specific region, amongst a widely varied body of other people doing the same...and even to some degree, in the Senate, for the same reason. But the President has a single, comprehensive office, and needs to be able to engage the desires, needs, and concerns of the general public, not just his or her particular base.

That is, I think, the single most overriding factor which defines George Bush as an utterly deplorable failure of a President, in the minds of those who oppose him. Incidentally, it's also why I found hope in Kerry. I disagreed personally with quite a large number of his specific stances and plans (though fewer of his than of Bush's). However, I could overlook that, because Kerry made it clear both in his approach and in his actual program design that he was more interested in working to a universally accepted result on issues than just pushing his own narrow agenda.

There will always be people who disagree. And no individual will ever feel quite as satisfied with a compromise as some of the individuals in a hard-line agenda, because the very nature of compromise dictates that nobody gets quite exactly what he/she wants. But that is the nature of a free, democratic society, and it addresses more of the needs of more of the people than a one-sided approach could ever hope to achieve.

You're never going to have everyone agree with you, no matter what you do. At the same time, that doesn't mean it always has to be the same people who are with or against you on every issue (we are human beings, after all, and everyone has his/her own view on every aspect of life; we don't all fit into a strict "A or B" categorization), or that you should just ignore the "other side." And, unfortunately, these are all things that Mr. Bush apparently has little or no comprehension of, if his words and actions over the last four years are any indication.

All I can say is, brace yourselves for a very tumultuous four years.