DCFreeDev 1.1.2 help

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Shapyi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCFreeDev 1.1.2 help

Post by Shapyi »

Alright since I don't use Linux or Cygwin I decided I would try using DCFreeDev to poke around Dreamcast programming since it allows for you to test your binaries in Chankcast. First of all, all the examples it comes with compile great! But I get problems when I create a new Project. I get errors like:

kos.h: No such file or directory.

Whats that about? All the directories are preset in ok, the other projects compile fine. Is there any stupid mistakes I could have made because I haven't changed anything around. I don't know, I don't think setting up this developement enviroment should be a huge headache, I have Data Structures and Algorithms class to give me a headache. Which I have to go to now. Thanks for any help.
GPF
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by GPF »

I haven't used the new 1.1.2, only the older one.

If I remember right you have to either in dev-c++ go to tools then compiler options, then select the dreamcast compiler set, which I think should pull in the correct include directories.

Otherwise you have to manual set them under tools, directories, C includes and c++ includes and set the directories to something like

C:\Dev-Cpp\dcinclude
C:\Dev-Cpp\sh-elf\sh-elf\include

and for c++
C:\Dev-Cpp\sh-elf\include\g++-v3\backward
C:\Dev-Cpp\dcinclude
C:\Dev-Cpp\sh-elf\include\g++-v3

and also set the libraries

C:\Dev-Cpp\dclib

and the binaries
C:\Dev-Cpp\bin
C:\Dev-Cpp\sh-elf\bin
C:\Dev-Cpp\sh-elf
C:\Dev-Cpp\dc-tool

or you can manual set the directories under Project, Project Options, Directories, Include Directories. etc.

Good Luck
Troy
Shapyi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shapyi »

What version are you using?
GPF
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by GPF »

DCFreeDev 1.0, but I usually use cygwin command line depends on the project I am working on.
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

ok... i'm not understanding....
how come i'm getting about 15 errors messages saying things like:
"kos.h" is not included, or usleep is an undeclared function?

what do i have to do to make it compile correctly?

i'm running DFD 1.1.2 ....

and for the 8 rars, how am i supposed to run that?

found the answer and here's my rendition of the answer: http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=61065