MODS on DC: performance feedback! please assist BoR modders

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
aL BeasTie
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MODS on DC: performance feedback! please assist BoR modders

Post by aL BeasTie »

In an effort to keep BoR MODS being made be compatible across different platforms, I intend to try and gather as much information possible on how these games are performing. Hopefully it will assist BoR modders like myself make games that will be compatible accross the many ports of Beats Of Rage.

The DC scene, mainly THIS Dc scene has been keeping BoR alive!
i personally wish to support you back. I intend to release CONSOLE PORT SPECIFIC releases of my MODS. Which doesn't mean the .PAK dumped in a .CDi - I mean the game will be redone as needed to run on dreamcast as best it can, even if it means two volumes.

I'm getting off track (sorry this is something I do)

Please post your experiences with running BOR MODS on your DreamCast. as so...

MOD:
VERSION: (mod version)
USING MODIFIED/DEV DC: (yes /no)
CONSOLE FORMAT: NTSC/PAL/JAP
CONSOLE VERSION:
Problems: (out of memory, game freezes, crashes on boot etc. )
CD MEDIA USED: (if known)
D/loaded CDi: (whether you made the CDi yourself or downloaded it)

please don't post complaints about peoples MODS, this is not the place.
If there is anything else that should probably be listed please let me know, unfortunately I do not own a DreamCast :( (please dont kill me....)
because of this i have asked Curt who you should all know by now to assist me further in making a DC version of my own mod, so stay tuned peeps! (oh yeah, my mod is the Day Of the Tentacle MOD, check gamikaze.org)
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

hey great idea there Al Beastie! I know the major ones to help you on the DC scene would be Ian Michael and ...whoever the creator of the MKK mod was, i forgot his screen but I know those two have been modding BoR on the Dc and the Pc so that they can help you out in that department. Compatibility is my main goal as a modder and this is a great idea indeed.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
MrQ?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by MrQ? »

very , very good indeed. 'cause of my mod is too big for DC, although it's very playable, it misses some characters sounds. in xbox and ps2 it plays perfect. i downsized HFF from 400mb to 150mb! so i'm not releasing 2 packs, just a single pack wi th 4 modes. this idea would be awesome! all peeps will be able to enjoy this mod 100%!
The eyes of a warrior never stray from the spectacle of battle.
axelblazeadam
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by axelblazeadam »

Thats what I plan to do with my mod. If when its finished it doesnt work on DC I'll add a cut down mode which does.