Worms World Party?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
CrazyCoder
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Worms World Party?

Post by CrazyCoder »

I have noticed a lot of people like different games but I'v never seen anyone list this as a top 15 or anything. So I was just wondering if anyone else enjoys this game?

Me and my friends regularly play this and find it pretty entertaining.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Speaking of worms Anyone had any trouble getting Worms Armagedon to work?
I never tried it, but my brother's DC wont play the game. hees had about four different copies of it and none work! :o

Anyone else had problems???
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I have noticed a lot of people like different games but I'v never seen anyone list this as a top 15 or anything. So I was just wondering if anyone else enjoys this game?

Me and my friends regularly play this and find it pretty entertaining.
You kidding? I had it as one of my fav. multiplayer games for a long time running. Very fun game indeed :D

However, a few things made me stay away from WWP on DC. WWP on PC was much better. Then I got WA on PC and it's way better than both of them. I know WA came out before WWP, but WA has better options and, afaik, is still regularly updated as opposed to WWP :(
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

Matisfaction wrote:Speaking of worms Anyone had any trouble getting Worms Armagedon to work?
I never tried it, but my brother's DC wont play the game. hees had about four different copies of it and none work! :o

I have a PAL version of WA and had no probs at all
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Matisfaction wrote:Speaking of worms Anyone had any trouble getting Worms Armagedon to work?

Yes, I have problems getting it to boot as well. Don't like the port of it anyway, though.
LeGIt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LeGIt »

I used to play it online back in the day ;) Play it every weekend on multiplayer with friends & family. Worms rocks :mrgreen:
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I played WA a long time ago, and it worked fine. Though I have WWP, love it. too bad it went offline not to long ago. Great game is you got 3 or 4 people. Make some teams, make some names. And get ready to laugh and gloat.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I like Worms, but I gotta play it with a mouse or not at all. WWP isn't mouse compatable. I got Worms 2 for PC however and it's great.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

anytime my brother comes home from the weekend, thats all we play on the DC. lots of fun. but on the PC i usually play gunbound instead. essentially the same thing.
qw3rty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by qw3rty »

Kenichi wrote:I like Worms, but I gotta play it with a mouse or not at all. WWP isn't mouse compatable. I got Worms 2 for PC however and it's great.
You are right, WWP isn't compatible with the mouse, BUT you can move your worms with the keyboard !
(You move your worms with the keyboard anyways - the mouse is only for scrolling)
Scrolling is done with "SHIFT + arrow-key", "TAB" is for changing the worms, "F" to change the fuse (grenades), "B" (?!) for the bounciness of the grenades.
"RETURN" is the "normal" jump, "BACKSPACE" (doubleclick) is the backflip, "SPACE" is the fire-button.
The weapon-menu / game-menu is accesible through the S-keys (S1, S2, S3).
These are all keys needed to play I can think of.
The only key I have yet to find is the key to change the direction of the air-strike.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Anyone that plays WA/WWp w/ a mouse is a noob :P

Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

This game is very cool when you play it with some friends. :D
Some weapons are really funny.

See later. :wink:
Life is a path with infinite destinies
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I'm actually quite good at worms with a control pad...thats how I learnt how to play the game in the first place anyway (Back in the day on PS1, lol).

I loved WWP for dreamcast, I had armegeddon too, but I never played it much.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I'm actually quite good at worms with a control pad...thats how I learnt how to play the game in the first place anyway (Back in the day on PS1, lol).
I did it on SNES :P
I loved WWP for dreamcast
Roping is so weird with the control pad though. However, roping isn't really that important on the DC. It's more BnG style games. PC has better game schemes for WWP than the DC though. But yeah, when it first came out I was loving WWP too

CrazyCoder
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CrazyCoder »

Skynet wrote:
I did it on SNES :P
I loved WWP for dreamcast
Roping is so weird with the control pad though. However, roping isn't really that important on the DC. It's more BnG style games. PC has better game schemes for WWP than the DC though. But yeah, when it first came out I was loving WWP too
I think I'm weird but I can only use the dpad lol :). I cant ever use the keyboard or mouse to control the rope.
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheWanderer »

I introduced my bud to WA this weekend...and he thought it was horrible. :o

I don't think he can be my friend any more if he doesn't like Worms! :wink:

I remember playing WA with my cousin when he would come over...damn, did I laugh hard. That game is hilarious. :red)
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
CrazyCoder
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CrazyCoder »

TheWanderer wrote:I introduced my bud to WA this weekend...and he thought it was horrible. :o

I don't think he can be my friend any more if he doesn't like Worms! :wink:

I remember playing WA with my cousin when he would come over...damn, did I laugh hard. That game is hilarious. :red)
One of my friends for no reason started crying from laughing at "the worm flowing so far" as he put it.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I play it on the GBA all the time, but I've only given it a go on the Dreamcast once. It seemed okay, like a higher-resolution version of the Playstation game. It might have been Armageddon, actually.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

one thing id highly suggest (although many of you may have already played it), is that if you like any of the Worms series, check out Gunbound. although over time its turned into a complete idiot-fest its still fun to play occasionally as long as you ignore the morons. :wink:
Chile
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chile »

yeah, and that game is full of viruses, trust me, it happened to my friend