really new newbie

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Roly
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

really new newbie

Post by Roly »

so, how should i get started?
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

On what, programming in general or programming on the DC? You have to have at least an idea of the first before you even contemplate the second.

If you're just starting out, go pick up a book or read a tutorial on C. If it's too much, try Python, but only until you get some idea of coding....

If it's on the DC, you need to build a cross compiler tool chain and go from there. There are instructions all around the web on doing this for the DC (look at Hitmen or Boob!)
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

yes, a book on C. i reccomend C for dummies or the c programming language. once yo uknow C very well you would probly want to go on to learn OpenGL to program 3d graphics on dreamcast. you shouldnt come back here and ask another question until you have learned them both.
Its been a while...
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Radish, have you been smoking something? Learn both C and OpenGL fluently before asking a question? I'm the moderator here and I don't know both fluently... and I know damn well you don't either....

Don't tease the newbies....
Roly
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Roly »

Well i have done some studing on making games for the vmu and the computer. I know a little about source code. Well not a lot because i made computer games using a program caled klik n play and your not supose to know anything about programing because it takes you step by step.