Which app do you guys think would be of use on the dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by radish28 »

just wondering what ur guys ideas of apps that you'd like to see on the dc.
Its been a while...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

radish28 wrote: just wondering what ur guys ideas of apps that you'd like to see on the dc.
I would really like to see a VMU emulator on the dreamcast.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

404NotFound wrote: I would really like to see a VMU emulator on the dreamcast.
Man that would rule! It would be excellent to load your minigames from VMU into DC RAM and play them though the DC.. in fact I am surprised Sega never implemented this into the DC in the first place.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

16-bit Miles wrote:
404NotFound wrote: I would really like to see a VMU emulator on the dreamcast.
Man that would rule! It would be excellent to load your minigames from VMU into DC RAM and play them though the DC.. in fact I am surprised Sega never implemented this into the DC in the first place.
Yeah and it would really help me because i don't have any 1st party sega VMUs and VMUs eat batteries anyway.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

MY GOD! I mentioned the AGES ago! (My first visit to the forums, I believe...)

Why does no-one take me seriously? ;) lol

It really is a good idea and it should be done! :idea:
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

actually a while ago i though of a vmu emu for dreamcast, it would be great i agree, then load the game with the newly saved data back to the vmu and if its a game like SOF then back to the game... great way to conserve batteries. Anything else?
Its been a while...
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

I remember someone mentioning wanting the VMU emulated on DC but couldn't remember who it was, heh sorry Van.
Anways, anyone know how hard it would be to get it working? Anyone know what the PC VMU emulators were coded in?
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

the pc ones i believe c/c++ also (at least fo rme) they dont work with "commercial" vmu games... there would be no point to base it off them, they should be written from scratch.
Its been a while...
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Your apology is accepted... so long as I get 100% of the T-Shirt sales ;)

Running the mini-games would be excellent! You could play Chao Adventure 2 at last! :D

(P.S. I mentioned it in August 2000! just for the record... :))
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

God that would be soooooo great, VMU's eat battery's like i eat frosty butty's. Wait (no2 heard me say that, u'll neva prove it, NEVA I TELL U!)

Seriosly tho, i would love it but the only thing is that hardly ever does someone think of a great app for the DC AND someone actually does it.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

perry2175 wrote: Seriosly tho, i would love it but the only thing is that hardly ever does someone think of a great app for the DC AND someone actually does it.
If I could code for the DC making this would be top of my list to make. Sadly I can't program DC and I am assuming a VMU emulator would be a relatively hard thing to get right anyway.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Same here, i would if i could but i cant.

Nice idea tho aint it :D
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

well, it might be overrated but i am going to learn C, just to program for the dc... i even got the story and character development started with my friend. we will make a game and become gods of the scene. either wa eventually, after no one even cares about th dc anymore (a couple years) i will code stuff for it... it may just be for me and my friends use (considering theres no one else) i would still code...never for another system.
Its been a while...
TheUnSlinger
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

VMU...

Post by TheUnSlinger »

Well, i think that a VMU emu would rock, but.. have a download option. y'know so you could put the vmu games on a disk and download em to the VMU. Like, also have the feature of playing games currently on the VMU, say if i had chao garden on my VMU, i could play it on screen with realtime changes to the VMU's save. I dunno, just a suggestion.

Also, a good app for the DC would be a port of Game Maker 4. You'd have to ask the guy, but i think he might like the idea. Game maker has always been fun to toy around with and a dc port would be happy-licious.
Mr. Monkey eyed Rinoa. "Darn, how many times did your
parents hit you with the ugly stick?" he said. "You are ugly
with a capital U-G-L-Y. And you're fat and stupid, too. You
know what? YOU SUCK!"-Fritz Fraundorf