DCDivx PLAYER

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
somedude
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCDivx PLAYER

Post by somedude »

I have Alpha 3, Is it suppose to show up like this:

<..> <DIR>
vmu <DIR>
cd <DIR>
rd <DIR>

How do I burn a Divx movie using nero? I already have the correct format using Virtual Dub. Do I do it as a data cd, vcd what? PLEASE HELP!!!
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

went over this
will be fixed in Alpha 4
it means your cd is prolly bad tho (either bad burn or got damaged)
Woox
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Woox »

Do it as a Data CD
somedude
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Thank you

Post by somedude »

Thank you 'woox'!

Wearevigilant,
I know you already said that. I am asking does the DCDivx player screen show up like that on yours? I havent tested a divx movie cd in it yet. Though, I tried playing a mp3 cd in there and it wouldnt work. DCDivx does have that support, because it said that on the site. I was just being curious cuz 'someguy' was saying it showed up like that. I am going to try to burn a Divx cd right now and see if it works.

My other questions:

When does alpha 4 come out?

is there any place where i can get alpha 2 or 1 at? Where?

Does anyone know how to split a movie up because I have one thats 90 mins and I only can fit 80 mins on one cd?

I have a working DC VCD player, thats not as good as the DCDIVX player is it?
somedude
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by somedude »

Ok i burned the movie fast and the furious in the correct format. I popped it in after the DCDivx player cd and it showed a screen with the file name of the movie. When I pressed A on my dreamcast controller the main dreamcast intro white screen came on and it popped up the dreamcast cd audio screen. There is nothing wrong with the divx movie, beacause it played fine on my computer. Whats the problem guys?
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

you need the file names 8.3, and no spaces in the file name. Try renaming it (like fastfur.avi), and re-burn it. It should work.
pilot
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

DCDivx PLAYER

Post by pilot »

somedude wrote: I have Alpha 3, Is it suppose to show up like this:

<..> <DIR>
vmu <DIR>
cd <DIR>
rd <DIR>
So is it supposed to say that? im guessing it is but when i that happens to me i dont get anything--i try getting into the dir but it just takes the cursor back up to <..>

could this happen to be because my files arent in the right format (they are as far as i know: short filename.avi, 320x240, divx 4.12, mode 1 and 2, etc) and dcdivx doesnt recognize it?

if you could give a little info itd much appreciated, ive got a complete set of coasters and about to start another