help!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

help!

Post by nevets934 »

i need to erase my dc's internal memory. where can i get the programs to do that?
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

If I remember correctly, all you have to do is remove the internal battery for a bit, and your memory will be reset.

If you want to change dialout and IP settings, the configuration setups in Quake III Arena and Planetweb 2/3 are is great for setting those up.

Hope that helps.
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i need to erase it because i want to change the serial i use for pso. and i am afraid of breaking my dc by opening it is there anyother way to reset it?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I thought Phantasy Star can only be played on one dreamcast and you can not use another dreamcast even with the same disc I belibe I was thinking wrong

I own PSO 1 but it is not in my list to play I rescently graduated from Arcadia and now I am in the ACN (last Level) after this I plan to go fight Valmar
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

if some one did not understand the post I made above was

I beated skies of arcadia rescently
Now I am at the last stage of Head Hunter
And Presumably the next game I start playing is Grandia 2
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i just bought my dreamcast and the person the had it before me played pso and i dont want to use his serial number but to change it i need to reset the internal memory
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I need somebody, not just anybody... you know I need someone -Heeeeelp!

Sorry, I just had to.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Found this little bit over at Planet Dreamcast:
I have been looking for the answer to this problem everywhere, but haven't been able to find it. Of course I thought, why not ask the good people at planet dreamcast? I hope you guys can help me. I have been going online with my dreamcast for some time now, but yesterday when I tried to connect it said my 'user ID or passsword is incorrect'. Now, I checked the settings and my password had changed from 7 characters to 2. I put in the correct password again and as soon as I click on okay the password changed back to 2 characters. I have no idea why this is happening and would like to know if you can help me. I don't know if it has something to do with the internal memory (is there any way to erase it) or the browser (I currently use 2.0). I thought it was the browser, but when I put in the original one, the same problem appeared. Do you know what I can do. At least tell me if there is a way to clear the internal memory, because I think that might help me. Thanks for your help. Oh, do you have any news on Cyprien's Chronicles for Dreamcast? I really hope it doesn't get canned too.

Thanks again,
Your loyal reader,
Francisco Sauceda

Hmm... This is a tough one. And while I can't come up with a good answer to your problem, I can tell you that many people have found out that you can flash the Dreamcast's internal memory with Dreamcast Browser 2.6. This isn't a feature, it just happens sometimes while using it. And for that reason, it's not a good idea to use it if you play PSO, because it'll erase your internal serial number making the game think you are playing on a different Dreamcast. Anyway, give that a try...It might help.
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

lol i guess i'm just gonna have to use pw 2.6 and hope it erases the memory
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

If you're doing this for use with PSO or something, then using pw2.6 won't work. I needed to flash mine, aswell as Prophet][. We were both looking around for a program that worked but none did. They all claimed to work, but after about 10 coasters I still had nothing. In the end me and Prophet][ were discussing it on #dcemu and WhtCastle helped us.

WhtCastle fixed a nero image that was completely farked and gave us a working flash resetter. I'm sure Prophet][ still has it, you could contact him by PMing him or going into #dcemu at around this time of night. I say night coz it is night where I am, just look at the time that this post was made by your clock and that's around the time he's in #dcemu.

But before contacting prophet, use the search button because he has made a post about it before and put the link up. If the search comes up empty, then proceed to go into #dcemu or contact him by other means
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Interesting. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of this, myself.

I just happen to be sleep during the time that you post. :(

You wouldn't happen to remember the size of the Nero image, would you, Skynet? If its small enough, I could email/PM WhtCastle, and see if he could send it to me via email.

Thanks for the info either way. I always appreciate help from DCEmu members! :cheers:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

It doesn't matter that you were asleep. Simply look at the top of my last post and see what time it was posted. By looking at the time I posted, you can use that as a guide as to when Prophet is online, as we are in the same city.

And no, WhtCastle probably wouldn't have it as he just merely fixed an image for us. Prophet][ hosted it on his server for me to download, so chances are he still has it. I do have the CD burnt with the resetter on it somewhere, not sure where though. If I find it I can image it and send it to you. It is only 1mb or so

Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Here is the original post http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewto ... ight=flash

Here's the nero image of the resetter http://users.tpg.com.au/jenkeis/DCflash.nrg