CDI rip 0.6.2

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sdae
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CDI rip 0.6.2

Post by sdae »

Does cdi rip tell you aywhere what the lba # is of an iso file to put into iso fix. Kinda odd how you cant find that anymore in 0.6.2 (ive been gone a while and never used 0.6.2)
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

tis very odd. usually ,we use 11700 or 11702 for emus & homebrew stuff.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
sdae
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sdae »

I know most emus are that, but I was just curiuos if there was a way to know right away without trial and error. Guess ill just stick with 0.5.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

I dont know why flea took out that part in 0.6.2 . he must have had some reasoning behind it.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I'll have to double check, but I don't think things that can be ripped by .62 need fixed anymore anyway. When I ripped the beats of Rage Megaman mod, I got the two data tracks you are supposed to get; one had all of the stuff and the other seemed to be equal to "header.iso". Of course, I was only interested in the pak file, so I'll try to burn the two images tonight and see what happens.

I've also discovered that some things don't work with .62. You have to revert to .5. For example, I had to do this with the original BOR cdi.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

jtnewman wrote:I've also discovered that some things don't work with .62. You have to revert to .5. For example, I had to do this with the original BOR cdi.
Does it have anything to do with CDI v2 and CDI v3, Ive got a feeling .62 only works with v3 CDi's.

There is a CDI conversion tool so that you can convert v2 to v3, But i think its only on Windows, if you have VPC run the BOR CDI through the conversion tool then Rip it!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Yes, if I remember, the original BOR was a 2.0 cdi. I guess if you keep both .5 and .62 around, there shouldn't be a need to convert under windows.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

jtnewman wrote:Yes, if I remember, the original BOR was a 2.0 cdi. I guess if you keep both .5 and .62 around, there shouldn't be a need to convert under windows.
Do you have a Pre gap option on .5? If not, its worth converting to V3 thats all i was thinkin!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I've had a question about "pre gap" anyway. Care to explain? Thanks (Don't think .5 does).
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I dont know why flea took out that part in 0.6.2 . he must have had some reasoning behind it.
Well, to answer the ancient question, the LBA stuff and other info generated while ripping with .62 gets dumped to the console (open up the console app when you are done, and there it is). As when to use .5 versus .62 in regard to 2.0 or 3.0 DJ images, not sure about this one. Just ripped the Megaman BOR mod with .62, but the console says it is a 2.0 DJ image. The disc looks to be okay, but I wonn't know for sure until my son is done playing with my x-box :wink: .
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

This is an educated guess, I could be completeley wrong, but this is my take on it.

The Pre gap is the Length of the audio file (I think) Its normaly 2 seconds long. So When you check The include "pre gap" it must kinda preserve the "pre gap" from the CDI file.

I tried it with "Pre gap" checked and unchecked, and the disc does boot up a lot nicer and quieter, With "pre Gap" Checked.

Sorry i cant tell you more, but im still kind of a noob at this. :oops:
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

hmmm....well, with the MegaMan BOR, there are two data files, so to select pregap or no pregap depends on if there was an audio track or not....hmmm. Well, I did a rip using .62. Did not fix at all with iso fix, and the disc boots and plays just fine. I am using Toast 6 though while most are using 5.X. Don't know if that makes a difference or is no fix needed if cdirip .62 works.

I'm unclear as to when to use cdirip .5 or .62. Trial and error right now. Best indication so far is to try to mount the data image with toast. If the image is empty, then it probably didn't work.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Yeah, you wont need Pe gap on two data tracks, as for which version to use, id say for now .5 for v2 CDI and .62 for V3 CDI, (convert V2 CDI to V3 if there is an audio + data track, If you can)
Everythin ive used with .62 has worked so far, is there a way to check on your mac what Version CDI you have?

I only use toast 5, I cant get toast 6 to work (im using toast 6.0 BTW)
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Well, if you use CDIrip .62, the information about the image, including the version is dumped to the console. The MegaMan Mod was version 2.

can you describe what you are doing in Toast 6? Maybe I can help since I haven't had a problem, and it is going to be awhile before the next version of my tutorial is out.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

well toast 6.0 always closes the disc on the first session, (burning two data tracks) even when i uncheck the close disc in the recorder settings,

Audio and data track will burn and sometimes works, but not aswell as toast 5 seems to. toast 5 works every time!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Where is this option under Toast 6? I don't see it in mine. As in Toast 5, writing a session keeps a disc open, and writing disc closes it. I'm using 6.07 (latest version). And we are talking about Toast Titanium, correct?
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Toast Titanium is right, But there is no write session, you have to uncheck "close disc" in recorder settings with 6.0 (maybe thats why it wont work?), later versions of titanium are different still,

I dont understand why they changed it? :?

Heres a pic:

abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Well, mine is slightly different. Under the "After Writing" pull down menu, I have to circular radio buttons asking me if I want to write session or write disc. I don't have a close disc check box at all. I also don't ask it to verify the disc, though that shouldn't matter. I noticed that you are running version 6.0. Go get the updaters at roxio's web site to bring it to 6.07. Maybe they changed something in the upgrade. I think my was something like 6.03 or 6.04 out of the box, but I updated it right away, so I don't know what those versions looked like. Haha! Yes they did change it with 6.05. From their web site:

Improved In Version 6.0.5:

* "Write Session / Write Disc" terminology restored to Record dialog Advanced tab.
* Audio CD now accepts audio files up to 192 kHz/24 bit.
* Playlist order maintained when drag/drop from iTunes into Audio CD or DVD Music Album.
* Additional 3rd party images supported for image copy.
* Copying from +R discs now works correctly.
* PAL VCDs with slideshows and menus now playback correctly.
* "Toast It" no longer defaults to "Write Disc" when recording.
* Custom Hybrid CD burning from a Toast temporary partition now works correctly.

So there you go. Go get the updaters :-)
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

That explains a lot thanx!
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

BTW CDI conversion tool is dos only, My VPC has Virtual dos i think and wont run it :(

*EDIT*

Dont Use "pre gap" with Ver 3.5 CDI's it doesnt work, I think Pre gap Is only for use with ver.3 CDI Maybe?