The official 4th of july topic

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The official 4th of july topic

Post by ninja »

well, today is the fourth of july so naturally im sure some of us will be playing with / setting off things that explode / watching fireworks / etc.

now, with that out of the way, heres a semi-short story from a few years back about my 4th:

about 7 or 8 years ago we (my mom, dad, and brother) were outside. we live in il so any type of exploding fireworks are illegal. we had gotten a bunch of stuff when we went to MO a few weeks earlier. we had close to 300 bottle rockets, and a bunch of other stuff (my dad spent a tad over $400 on everything). anyway, onto the story:

so were all outback and its about 10 at night and hes lighting stuff of like a kid in a candy store. well, some of the stuff was lighting up the sky nicely, all of a sudden from a few houses down the road, we here a few bangs a few houses down. apparently a few of the bottle rockets shot into there backyard and exploded. that started what i can only call "the great fireworks war". fireworks were flying up in the sky and exploding near each other, there was roughly about 6 or 7 other families launching stuff, god it was great.

another story:

around that same time frame, only a few years earlier, we had gotten some stuff from MO again (six flags was a yearly thing for us at the time). so anyway, we had bottle rockets, jumpin jacks, black cats, saturn missiles, roman candles, etc... we kept them in the garage. well, my brother found them (mind you, he is OLDER than me) and decided to light up a few jumpin jacks. well, he took a few out of the garage and went onto the back patio, which is only about 2 feet away from the garage door. now, for the love of god i dont know why he did this, but he lit it, and then walked in the house (i was watching him from inside the house). the thing takes off, starts spinning, and lands in the garage, then disappears. a few minutes later, we all start hearing lots of popping / snapping / explosions from the garage. the jumping jack landed in one of the bags of fireworks and set the bag on fire. my dad and his friend frank who was there at the time grabbed the garden hose and put out the fire (it didnt do any real damage, just lots of smoke and a few dented / burnt things).

tonight me and my fiancee are going downtown to watch the fireworks, yay0r.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

My neighborhood bans all fireworks, but we're still going to set off some fountains and quiet, soft stuff. We have those little fire cracker tanks too that we might set off sometime during the day.
ag3nt_0rang3
Great Antagonist
Great Antagonist

Vacation for all

Post by ag3nt_0rang3 »

I anticipate seeing all the mutilated children (yes one of them may even be you reading this now) on the 6th after the immediate release from the emergency room and 2 days of antibiotics to prevent potential infection. Theres nothing that amuses me as greatly as seeing the least common denominator raised even if its only by the horrible disfigurement of one dumb bastard who didnt have the common sense to run just a wee bit faster when he saw that fuse burning down.

Im sure most of you (the non horribly disfigured mongloid bastards as they are all misfits and need to find a cathedral to haunt while we normal individuals enjoy life to its fullest) when i say happy fourth of july. \

:)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I once knew a guy who put a firework in his pocket, which eventually ignited, horribly disfiguring his thingy. But apparently the doctors did a great job with it and he's fine now, but it hurt like hell for a few years.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
ag3nt_0rang3
Great Antagonist
Great Antagonist

Post by ag3nt_0rang3 »

And anyone who would so carelessly use fireworks deserves no less than horribly scarring genital surgery. ... My cousin made the mistake of overlooking the common sense of safety precautions for the use of fireworks and we just found out last week al his hair and a good portion of his face were burned off ....it would have brought a tear to my eye if i wasnt too busy laughing at how evolution takes strange shapes and forms at times since with a horribly disfigured face ..your odds of getting your reproduction on plummet ....
One day men will look back and say that I gave birth to the 20th century on the point of a blade
~Twisted Quotes
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Fireworks are illegal in my county in California and I never made it over to a county that sold them. :?
Rick
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Rick »

We just had a fireworks display over here that lasted about twenty minutes. Nothing all that impressive, but it was still cool nonetheless.
Oh my frickin' God! You've been caught on the Meta-Mod!

http://gbsm.freewebpage.org
[The GameFAQs Board Stupidity Museum]
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Local Newspaper wrote:"The fireworks show they have here is really spectacular," said Laurel Frautschi of Washington, who said her family members had held down their spot on the Peoria riverfront in shifts since 11:30 a.m. Sunday. "It's one of the best (shows) in the country."

"Fireworks exploded at 9:30 p.m. to the oohs and aahs of the estimated 60,000 to 80,000 people who attended the 18th annual display. About 150,000 actually see the show each year, officials estimate."
God i love this city :D

It was by far the best fireworks display ive ever witnessed.

Source: Link
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.