planetweb 3.0 or XPD

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
dcplaya32
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

planetweb 3.0 or XPD

Post by dcplaya32 »

well i always use planetweb 3 because its the only one that i can use, i have been trying to use XPD and it didnt work so.
But i just wanted to know what is better planetweb3 or XPD?
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

Since XDP is based on Dream Passport 3.15, XDP is definitely the better browser in terms of stability. It also has much better support for javascript, has tons of online tools that can be used at the dreamcast browsers group and other places, (you can also make your own tools that you can store on your VMU and add to your browser at any time), can download and play midis online, and is just an "all round" better browser. Pretty much anyone would tell you the same thing.
Planetweb 3.0 has 2 advantages.
1. Better SSL support for online orders.
2. Java applets.
Most people rarely use java applets, but if you do, this is the only browser that supports them. It also crashes/freezes frequently.

-Ex
Tis my sig.
dcplaya32
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by dcplaya32 »

well i need to ask a question when i try to log onto the internet with XDP it says that i cant log on or something like that. do i have to change my settings or something? i thought that it would just load the settings that i used for Planetweb 3 that was saved to the DC's internal memory. well do i have to change my settings????? :?: :?: :?:
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

The settings are saved in the DC's memory at least as far as I know. If I were you though I would at least check, just make sure everything is set up the same as planetweb.