NES on a chip

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NES on a chip

Post by SupraMario »

I work at a place that sells the fabled NES-on-a-chip for anyone who has an interest in portable/multiple console creation. An N64 controller houses a famicom clone and a 60-pin cart connector. There's a port for the included light gun/2nd controller and it's already hooked up with DC power in or batteries. It's the same unit that Ben Heckendorn is using for his new portable. PM me if you're interested. We sell them for 44.95 and tax here is 6%. We also throw in a 76-in-1 famicom cart, if that matters to anyone.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Hmm, is it the chip itself or is it on a PCB because soldering it by hand ain't guna be easy
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

Oh, sorry I was vague about that. Everything is already soldered to the chip [a/v, power, cart connector, controller, ports, etc.]. Check out Ben's place if you need some pictures because my camera's broken. I'm thinking about squeezing mine into an NES controller, changing the cart connector to a 72-pin NES one.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Im interested, would you be able to ship them to the UK and are these still in production or should I grab one while I can?
hacker311
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by hacker311 »

This NES on a chip sounds like it has many possiblities for portables and mods. I'll have to look into one. Also i was at ben's site and he has instructions on how to make it into a 72 pin connector!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

SupraMario wrote:Oh, sorry I was vague about that. Everything is already soldered to the chip [a/v, power, cart connector, controller, ports, etc.]. Check out Ben's place if you need some pictures because my camera's broken. I'm thinking about squeezing mine into an NES controller, changing the cart connector to a 72-pin NES one.
I'm pretty sure it won't fit. NES controller is too small, there's very little room on the inside.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Clarkbar »

This isnt a "chip" It is a pc board that fits into a n64 sized controller. I owned one and it sucked. The games didnt play right. The speed was off, they hung up. It would be great if it would have worked better.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

clarkbar, you're wrong. yours must have the games built in or something. everyone else, we just got a new one in today. 50 bones and it has 128 games built in as well as AN NES CARTSLOT in the back. this one looks like a dreamcast controller (ironic) and has a wireless system for the 2nd controller/light gun. peace.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Im moving to pittsburgh soon. woot! NES on chip w/o shipping here i come =P
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

hopefully very soon. i'm not sure how long they will last. we keep running out of stock and it seems to be harder and harder to get every time.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Their have been different versions of this floating around some would obvious be better than others, you can also get atari on a chip and I'm sure other exist too.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

what's the deal with the atari 6-in-1 and the activition and those? is it an atari or just a few recoded games? mattthemodder, i guess you didn't get my reply...my brother works at FedEx, so I'm sure I could inexpensively send one out to you in the U.K. Just hook me up with an address or something so can have him get a frame of reference for me.
Last edited by SupraMario on Sun May 23, 2004 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

There is no Atari-on-a-chip. Those devices that plug into the TV are just select Atari games re-coded for different (simpler) hardware.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

I beg to differ. Those may not be a 2600-on-a-chip, but ben heckendorn recently said something about his newest, smallest vcsp being an ACTUAL atari and not an atari-on-a-chip. I'm sure they exist, possibly somewhere in hong kong.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

all of his vcsps were made using Atari Jrs which were full ataris made with a smaller pcb.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Clarkbar »

Can you provide a picture please? I must be confused.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

i work this week. i'll try to score a camera. you're right. the one i had imported from hk a few years ago plays at the wrong speed. the two we have don't, however. also, i was misinformed: they both have regular famicom cartslots, and it isn't the gun/controller that's wireless, it's the entire system. interesting approach. i'm working on mass-producing the adapter from nes-->famicom.
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Clarkbar »

Yes. PLease try to get a picture. I'd really like to see what we are talking about.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

Matt, I can ship it to your zip in the UK for $14.17 for 24-48 hours or $13.19 for 4-5 days. That's 75% off the regular rate. Let me know if you're interested.
tom61a
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tom61a »

is it an atari or just a few recoded games?
Recoded games only. :? Nothing interesting inside them either, just two chip blobs.