I'm new... Please help.

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Virgil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm new... Please help.

Post by Virgil »

I'm new at this fellas, so please help me out a bit and it'll be much appreciated. I'm kinda clueless about getting DreamSNES to work for my DC. I have the Utopia boot disc, but where do I go from there? The Utopia boot disc eliminates the need to make the DreamSNES disc self-booting right? Now, I know I need to make a DreamSNES disc, but I don't know how. Then, do I need a separate disc full of roms once the DreamSNES disc has loaded? Instructions on how to do this (including burning formats, I currently use Nero 5.5 and Alcohol 120) will be well received.
diablo2
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by diablo2 »

it really isn't hard at all to make dreamsnes self boot
it took me about 10 mins to get it all set up and burned and it worked the first time
just follow the guides
the first guide doesn't work for me but the second and third one (selfbooting with self boot)
plus you have to keep getting up to change disks
Virgil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Virgil »

Okay, thanks, but I need a little more help, like the specific tutorial you used (and a link if possible). So, do I need to make the DreamSNES disc with Selfboot, even though I have the Utopia Bootdisc? Step-by-step instructions from someone who got it to work would be useful. Thanks.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

You don't need to make the disc selfbooting if you have Utopia. You should just be able to throw the files on a disc, and use Utopia to select the "1dsnes.sh4" file, or whatever it's called.

If you are interested in putting more than just DreamSNES on your disc, then I suggest you check out DCStuff, and read the tutorial on "How To Use Selfboot Inducer".
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Virgil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Virgil »

Thanks curt. Put DreamSNES on a disc and burn it. Gotcha. Can I put the roms on that disc too, or do I have to make a separate one for those?
Virgil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Virgil »

Alright everyone, I got it working now. Didn't have to use the Utopia disc, just did the Selfboot tutorial and it worked fine. Now I need to fix the framerate a bit, which I think is a consequence of my burning software (Nero 5.5.9.17). Any suggestions?
brucedeluxe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by brucedeluxe »

you can't speed up the framerate (its not a 100% speed emulator yet) and I doubt you want to make the frame rate any lower.
Eat it the newbie way
Neopunk
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Neopunk »

use dcfactory and diskjuggler.works every time