Andromeda: Series/Season Finale (Maybe) and the Last Samurai

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Andromeda: Series/Season Finale (Maybe) and the Last Samurai

Post by toastman »

So, I've been watching this television show, Andromeda for a bit now. My sister-in-law had the first season on DVD, and since then I've managed to watch the rest of the series. Honestly, I don't think I would've bothered to catch it weekly from the first couple of episodes, it doesn't pick up till later.

Recently, the production company that makes Andromeda, Fireworks, was shut down by it's parent company, CanWest. So more than likely there will no longer be a fifth season (although I have heard rumors that they may go ahead with it anyway) and that The Dissonant Interval Part 2 is the final show of the series.

My question to anyone who's been watching is this: Just what in the flying fuck was up with that episode, the goddamned ending made absolutely no sense.
I swear it was worse than the X-Files finale.

The Last Samurai:
Overall a good movie. However, I am really beginning to hate Tom Cruise. First you have Minority Report's double ending that only serves to give Tom Cruise the climatic confrontation in the end.
And now this.
DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS ENDS. (happy Nyar ;) )

So the Samurai make their last defiant attack on the forces of modernization. Omaru pulls out the machine guns and the Samurai are mown down. Everyone dies, except for Tom Cruise. He gets to live and go back to the village to live with his woman.
I mean fuck, does that bastard have a "happy ending" clause in his fucking contract? Mel Gibson took the dive in Braveheart. Tom Cruise should've taken the dive in The Last Samurai. The scene after the battle in which the emperor finally grows some balls could've been rewritten to remove Cruise, and the bullshit scene after could've been removed entirely.
Hell, I would've been perfectly happy if the credits would've rolled just after Tom Cruise died from his wounds on the field of battle after helping Katsumoto commit seppuku.

But other than the last 20 minutes, it was a great movie. Much like Minority Report.
No signature.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Andromeda: Series/Season Finale (Maybe) and the Last Samurai

Post by Nyarlathotep »

toastman wrote: DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS ENDS. (happy Nyar ;) )
Hey, you can give spoilers all you want to any film starring that smirking chipmunk whose method of 'acting' is a constipated look to show emotion

toastman wrote: I mean fudge, does that fancy pants have a "happy ending" clause in his fudging contract?
L Ron doesn't let him play bad guys.
Or people who die.
Or characters that don't make you want to punch their goddamn constipated chipmunk faces RIGHT IN.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I loved the Last Samurai but you're right man. It's unbeliavable.

Slightly OT : Did ya see the 'Mooney on Movies' on Chappelle show a while back ?

The Mexican, starring Brad Pitt.. and now 'The Last Samurai' starring Tom cruise.. Well I made a film it's called the last Nigga on earth.. starring Tom Hanks :lol:
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

Toastman, i also watch Andromeda & think i can explain.

Since The Dissonant Interval (2) does not air until May 17th i assume your wondering what the hell the ending in part 1 was all about.

Well based on the episodes i have seen & that's all but a few there is one episode where trance trades places with an older version of her self.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Gu ... pid-62413/

QUOTE:
Trance trades places with an older, more serious version of herself.
END QUOTE:

You may have wondered why she was no longer blue :D

Anyway, i am not 100% sure about this & could be completely wrong but i think that one Dylan trades places with an older version of himself or two is swaping places with another Dylan from an alternate universe.

Then again it could be secret option number 3 where he meets another Dylan from another universe they both go back to the the other universe & defeat the abyss together.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

No, I watched the second part.
Andromeda airs earlier in Canada than in the states.
No signature.
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

The thing with Tom Cruise being a hero or a tough guy lost its appeal to me when i found out he's 5 foot 7 lol.. thats shorter than my wife for crying out loud.

I was going to rent the first series of Andromeda later this month. im just waiting to make sure the video store imports the full series first. It looks brilliant though.

-G
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

The first couple of episodes are rough. If I hadn't the whole first season to watch all at once, I don't think I would've stuck with it.
No signature.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I liked the movie except for Tom Cruise's inability to act.

He forced me into laughter at times with his hopeless efforts.

And since we all here seem to be aware that it was mostly German military advisors that Japan sought, not the US. But of course since its Hollywood, they remake facts inorder to glorify the U.S., yet America earned absolutely no Military credibility from the rest of the world until WW2. European Strategists had long looked down on the US's military, even some Germans stating about the civil war as "two armed mobs being carelessly thrown at each."
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

toastman: My Mistake turns out i had also already seen ep 22 ie The Dissonant Interval (2) when i posted, i forgot to check the numbers.

Anyway Series 5 Starts in September so we will soon see.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

the last episode is when he loses his whole crew?
correct?
and what's up with him pulling a Sisko near the end of the show?

i didn't get that (i couldn't see the rest because i had to get groceries :x ).
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

Read my post on May 12th as to what it might be, to find out what really happens we will just have to wait until September.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I really don't know how they're going to come back from that though.
No signature.