Raven's Blade NEW SCREENIES & VOICE ACTING WANTED

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Raven's Blade NEW SCREENIES & VOICE ACTING WANTED

Post by Maximo2703 »

Alright i figured since things have been kind of quiet lately with me and tvspelfreaks game Raven's Blade i figured i would make an update of the status to let you guys know where we are in developement of the game right now. so far to my understanding tvspelsfreak has most of engine up and running. the weapon system has been implenmented. as well as i believe the level up system has been implemented. we have a few sprites. we have one for Raven flying but we need one with sword swing animations. i believe we have most of the weapon sprites. we are still searching for someone to do enemy sprites ,and enivorment graphics. currently im working on stage designs ,and a more solid story line so the baldmonk can flesh out the cut scenes. i have templete designed for the website already just gotta throw it up online with the proper information put into it when i get some decent free time from college. as soon as at least one stage design is complete and we have some enemy sprites we'll be able to release a small demo. so if someone can give us a hand with what we're looking for that would greatly be appericated. thankx for your attention :twisted:
Last edited by Maximo2703 on Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Styrofoam and I really need a good humanoid sprite artist!!
Contact Maximo or I if you are interested
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

hey pixel! I'd like to excuse me :oops: for bad comments about ur avatar some time ago!
I didn't followed the thread after I posted my comments but I am sorry for flaming! Hope u know what I mean :?:

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Alright heres a small ,but new update- i have finally found some free time to work on the level designs and stage 1-1 is finally sent over to Tvspelfreak which he will be implentmenting it very soon. now as far as the challange of this game in just level design alone even tvspelfreak said my design would make the game too diffcult so he has to amend it where need be. We are estimating the game will take 5-10 hrs to complete ,and this isnt going to be your standard fly thru and shoot everything that moves. theres small quick thinking puzzles to be solved as you progress thru the stages. there are 4 levels broken down into 4 stages each level so you do the math.we are still looking for sprite artist and enviroment artist. so in order for us to flesh out this game beyond the skeleton design me and tvspel has it in right now we need these artist to make this shooter w/ substance become a reality. the sooner we aquire this help the sooner we can release a small demo. plans for the demo so far is to have level 1 stages 1 thru 4 playable ,but can't happen until we get the apporiate artists so come on guys how about some help here. thank you

btw...tvspelfreak should be posting on this thread soon with a devver update on his end of things
Tvspelsfreak
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

Okay, here's what we've got so far:
* The basic screen setup, I don't think it's final yet but a little tweaking will do it. It shows the health, magic, exp, lives and stage. At the bottom of the screen there's six slots, these are customizable, you can set the weapons to the slot just like you want it and then switch between them with the R&L triggers.
* There are 9 weapons in the game, all of them are added and more or less complete.
* During gameplay the stage will consist of a number of parallax scrolling layers (right now I'm using 6 of them but I can change to more or less depending on what's needed) a tile layer (the player layer) and a foreground layer where it's needed.

I'm all set to start constructing the stages now, however, there's one thing that stops me.
I recently formatted my comp and installed Gentoo Linux instead of Win98 and I haven't gotten any dev enviroment to work yet.
So far I've tried Stalin's and Blackaura's build scripts and none of them worked. Blackaura's gave me lots of errors and Stalin's managed to build it all but it missed some things like sh-elf-gcc and so on which made it all non-working.
I also saw the Linux guide over at DC n00bs but the link to the files is broken.
But other than that I can't find any guides describing how to set it up on a Linux machine, so my questions are:

Is there a pre-compiled toolchain for Linux available for download somewhere?
OR
Should I make my comp dual-booting and do all my devving in Win98?
https://github.com/tvspelsfreak/texconv - Converts images into any texture format supported on the DC.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Still... need.... story.... so... can draw... up.... storyboard.... ;)
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

lol sorry monk. been insanely busy at college it took me this long just to get a stage design to tvspelfreak but i have been evolving a more solid story line just gotta put it to text i should have you a better storyline in a week or less
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Cheers. I could MAKE up a story board for the beginning if you like... kinda like the one I emailed you... up to you, if that will save you some time.. then you just work on the ingame story line.. then eventually get that to me so I can board it up ;)
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well im gonna flesh out the events that lead up to what the game is about then into what me and you discussed then into the in game storyline... i kind of already have it in my head how its going to go just need to write it. plus also im going to work on one or 2 more stage designs this weekend
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

im currently taking an early half of my html/xhtml/xml studies at college ,and i figured to get some practice im going to toy around with some and make up a very and i mean very basic verison of the ravens blade site. yes i have tempete made but i gotta pick apart the templete to get it into code with my dreamweaver and my pc isnt agreeing with my dreamweaver lately. as i have something realtively useable to show i will.

update: okay i know this is crappy as hell so spare me the jokes and flames about the appearance. its just me practicing what i learned in college ,and gettin a basic looking Raven's Blade site up while i work on the better looking verison using photoshop and dreamweaver.

http://www.geocities.com/Ravens_Blade27 ... Blade.html
Tvspelsfreak
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

Alright, I'll try making my comp dual boting then.
I dunno how to do it, maybe a friend of mine can help.

Keep those news coming! :D
https://github.com/tvspelsfreak/texconv - Converts images into any texture format supported on the DC.
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

pixel wrote:Styrofoam and I really need a good humanoid sprite artist!!
Contact Maximo or I if you are interested
We certainly do. Humanoid sprites are not a fave with us :?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

well, with finals ending and new babies getting settled in, etc, perhaps the work will be picking up again. ;)
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Great guys can't wait to see what you guys design. refer also to my post in the devlopement ideas section of these boards called "Any Takers?" its another game me and tvspelsfreak are working on. its a smaller scale project compared to Ravens Blade. :mrgreen:
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Ravens Blade Status + SCREENIES!

Post by Maximo2703 »

heres what you all been waiting for. Tvspelsfreak has just shown me the latest screen shots of Raven's Blade. with Raven's sprite implemented as well as my stage designs. besides Raven's sprite everything else is very basic graphics in which we'll need sprite and enviroment artist for. thankx a lot to tvspelsfreak pixel impetus styrofoam and anyone else im not aware of right now that are working to make my dream (making a video game) come true.=) just remember that the game is still in alpha. but with all your help we can make this reach beta and even better yet a final.
to baldmonk dont worry i haven't forgot about you with the storyline its still coming.

im very pleased with the progress this game has made already. with sprites artist though this well progress further.

post comments ,and questions here

ATTN: Dr.Zoid can u make a newspost about this on the main page so we can get some coverage.
and Wraggster can you make a news post on your site about this as well
me and the team would appericate it. just remember when you refer to us refer to us as Team Raven thank you in advance
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

nice screenshots.
good luck.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Wow, the more I read about the game the more I'm impressed. Nice, fun, original work :) I can't wait to see how this game ends up playing ;) Good luck to you guys!
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Thankx Will for the kudos....if you know anyone that can help with the game let us know.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Looking pretty swish.... would look better with a *cough* story *uncough* ;)
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

lol its comin baldmonk i know ive been sayin that just been swamped with a lot of stuff lately especially with college ill have 3 weeks off very soon that'll give me plenty of time to play catch up with everything i need to finish outside of college work i.e stuff for raven's blade website work and band stuff.