Nike and Sega

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nike and Sega

Post by SaSSO »

:evil: How retarded is this?? It sickens me what corporations will do to make a little money. This is just another thorn in Sega's side, and I hjope this don't make them lose too much.

Check it out here:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/ne ... 34,00.html
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

My god... they are Nike... as if they need the money...

This is ridiculous
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

yeesh, nike makes it sound like it was soo original. A lot of times when I see a commercial I think how it could be better, and I've already thought of commercials like NBA2k2, it aint as if nike's commercial was so damn original.
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

:!: I think one of us should start an e petition sayin we will not buy Nike products. I would start it if I didn't know how, because Nike is annoying and they save so much money using sweat shops and now they are getting more by bullying around a smaller corporation. It just pisses me off, so someone start an e petition, it would prbably get around.
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

well ummm why? Atleast NIKE don't own you like mircosoft..... you have a choice between adias, reebok etc... mircosoft is windows... the non alternitive.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well best thing you can do is e-mail, write, or call Nike and tell them you think this is foolish and if it continues you will buy other brands of shoes. since Im out of school and my momma don't buy them for me I just buy whatevers on sale at wal-mart myself,

That is a bunch of crap, even if it did resemble there add from 1996 (which nobody remembers) how does it hurt them? What cause people saw that Sega ad there not going to purchase Nike products?
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

damn how foolish of me... i didn't read the link at the time... Yeah tahts crap that NIKE can do that. I actually not wear nike again now. Damn bastards
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

I haven't worn Nike stuff since I was in 3rd grade, I refuse to wear the stuff if I was homeless and they were giving it to me for free I would tell them they could shove it and that they were the ones that put people like me out of a job :!:

"Don't buy from countries were workers have no rights! Close the sweatshops down!" Quote from a Hudson Falcons song (Working Class Punkrock)
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

from article wrote: Nike also hopes to receive compensation for costs and damages.
What the hell is Nike talking about??? And I am suprised that Nike remembers an advertisement that they had in 1996 since they have had so many since. I smell a set up......
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

All i wear are Nike shoes... Reebok are ugly and Adidas fall apart too fast.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Ever pair of Adidas I have owned have been great. Heck, I am wearing a pair now, and they have lasted almost a year and still going strong. Nike, they said they were robbed of their intellectual property. Give me a break. Like soaring to the basket is really anthing that is all that original. If that was the case, the NBA should cancel the slam dunk contest. In my defense if I were their lawyer, I would say that the advertisement was done because of a certain game's footage showing him soaring to the hoop (perhaps the slam dunk contest {no wait, that was Francis}) or when the Sixers beat my Magic. Sega will win because Nike hasn't had any good commercials since the days of Lil Penny with Hardaway and Charles Barkley with Humpty Hump from Digital Underground.
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

But remember that the justice system in general and specifically in America is not about finding out who is right and who is wrong, it is simply about which of the 2 sides has enough money to hire the best lawyer(s).

Anyway this has really strayed from discussion of the dreamcast, so let's continue in Off Topic.
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Email them here
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

I read the stupid article. Maybe jordan should sue Iverson also because he did the same thing jordan did 6 years ago. I think its stupid. *sarcasticly* I sure do hope that nike don't keep "The one" from coming out on dvd beacuse ya know there is slow-motion in there too. :?

Hey, wait a minue! Aren't there people holding ps2 controllers in the commerical? That couldn't have happend 6 years ago.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

As if it will do any good I e-mailed them bitching them out for it.

If enough people do it they MIGHT reconsider. They only way there going to lose money over this is if they piss a bunch of Sega fans off (which they are).
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Hey Veggita, my buddy
armada
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by armada »

PETTY ARSEBANDITS!!!!!!!! (nike)
ImageImage
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I don't wear Nike anyway, I wear And1. But NBA 2k2 is a great game, but Sega shouldn't have taken Nike's commercial. It's as simple as that. Well, we should have expected this, Sega never did come up with great advertising before.
j/k
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
dumb_ass_dog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dumb_ass_dog »

Man, I don't know, the only shoes I've like are Nike, but now with this...

BTW, don't buy NewBalance shoes, fall apart really quick...
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

:roll: I only wear Converse Hightops :roll:
They are the best shoes ever :!:
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King