Anyone know where Zelda Doom might be??

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone know where Zelda Doom might be??

Post by Veggita2099 »

I found a site that had a link to where a Zelda Add-on could be found at http://www.zeldalegends.net/games/zeldoom/ . However the link they have goes to a site that has nothing to do with Zelda Doom. I don't know if the project was canceled or what but from the screenshots they showed it looked really cool. Does anybody know of a place that might have this file to download??
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

ZelDooM was mine and it was cancelled because noone wanted to help on it. I have a backup somewhere, but it's not in the best condition. I was thinking of polishing it and re-releasing it, but I'm too busy with newer things right now.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Thats really ashame it looked really awesome too. If I knew anything about Doom editing I would help you, but I only know Duke Nukem 3D editing :( I tried messing with a Doom editor once and couldn't make squat with it.
mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mik »

After following the link on the first message i thought that total conversion to zeldoom looked really cool, its a shame it was cancelled.
If work starts again, please let us know. :)

Thank you.
RPG_Fan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by RPG_Fan »

IT would be really cool to see this project continued again :D
Arbok9782
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Arbok9782 »

OH MY GOD! That looks awesome, I don't really like Doom, but man this looks awesome, I hope work continues on it.
mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mik »

Yeah, i mean, Zelda 3 for the SNES is one of my favorite altime games, and that just makes doom awesome, just like it

:)
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

I stopped working on it like last year. But, if someone could get doomdc to play wads I would convert the demo to work on the DC just for you
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Hey I just thought of something. If I recall correctly there is a program that can convert Doom Wads to Duke Nukem 3D levels. If you was able to send me the level and graphic files I might be able to at least start a Duke Nukem 3D port of the game. Only problem is since Duke Nukem 3D allows Jumping there might be parts of a level that wasn't meant to be easy to cross made easy to cross.

I once made a Duke Nukem level (well several levels) that was layed out like my school. It made the front news of the local papers.. course they tried to say I was crazy and wanted to kill all the teachers in the school but hey it was inb the paper?

If anyone wants I can upload it sometimes.. Opps this sure got off topic hehe :)
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
XantiaX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by XantiaX »

wish i culd help but i stopped my doom map + model designin n making yrs bak

then again if sum1 was to persuade me i mite take up my mouse n start for a one off... :)
..::XantiaX::.. aka Chim-Chim Cootiesniffer
FarmerCuckoo
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by FarmerCuckoo »

Now that conversion of Doom looked great. You should just release the converted files and let the whole DCemu-community figure out how to get it to work on the dreamcast.

About the Duke Nukem-jumping problem. If I recall correct you could easily edit some .ini-file and change the gravity and thus eliminate jumping.
XantiaX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by XantiaX »

didnt editing the gravity effect how fast some projectiles hit the ground? (pipe bombs)
mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mik »

That would definitly be a great addition to my DC library :)

Man... its been a long time since i played duke3d..... and quake II for that matter.... ahh how i miss those old FPS.
Slamoid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Zelda/Doom Game

Post by Slamoid »

OH GOD!! That would be SOOO awesome!! If you guys could make a complete Zelda crossover game for DC using that DOOM thing, I WOULD DEFINATELY PAY $$$$$$$ FOR IT!! Well, $$, anyway. :wink:
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, than the packet pocket socket has an error to report.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I am pretty sure it did, and you would HAVE to use the pipebomb for bombs if you made a Zelda game out of it. Changeing the graphics and sound could easily make a pipe bomb act like a regular bomb.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
XantiaX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by XantiaX »

well thats that cleared up :) if u fancy remaking this mod contact me ill give u a hand with the maps n stuff just send me some plans n ideas. pm me or msn or sumthing
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Wow that is really cool. If this came out, maybe I would actually burn Doom for DC. Those levels looked very cool. That is one of the coolest ideas for a Doom mod I have ever seen. I would have never thought of Zelda being a Doom mod, but after seeing those pics, clearly it works.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Dude, that looks cool.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Hmm, I have an OLD copy of this, I did not realize so much had been added to it. Unfortunatly, DCDOOM does not support scripts of any kind, so this definatly would not be able to make its way to the DC, unless of course you don't mind playing with the same play mechanics. Great idea though!