doomdc source?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

doomdc source?

Post by Ralphis »

Since doom is GPL, anything that uses the doom source code ARE REQUIRED to release the sourcecode to the public. Is the doomdc source available anywhere?
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

I believe the source code isn't released, but grendel and crt0 aren't working on it anymore, so I think if you ask them, they'll give it to you.
Last edited by atf487 on Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya the last I heard Grendal gave up on it?!?! So um ya this would be nice...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The Doom source IS NOT GPL.

From the Quake 1 source:
Our previous code releases have been under licenses that preclude commercial exploitation, but have no clause forcing sharing of source code.
There have been some unfortunate losses to the community as a result of
mod teams keeping their sources closed (and sometimes losing them).
So, the DoomDC source may only be released if the authors want.
reptilezero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by reptilezero »

in response to this i would just like to say

grrrrrrr....

as far as i'm concerned, people should always release the source code if their project is a <b>derivative</b> work seeing as how they wouldn't have a project had the source code not been given away freely. it only hurts the community to keep modified source code to yourself. yes, we all KNOW that you don't HAVE to release it, but come on...course i'm sure the only reasoning behind not releasing it is because someone is afraid that the source code will be recompiled and rereleased and someone won't get any credit for the initial port. just my two cents of course...and yes, i release all the source to modifications and programs that i make :P
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Somewhere in these forums, crt0 said that DOOM is still being worked on, despite recent rumors, in which case I don't care if the source is being released, as long as work is still being made, they can keep the source to themselves, but I do agree, if they should ever stop working on it, then they ought to give up the source as well, I'd really hate to see something like this goto waste. DOOM is tooo damn classic not to be on the DC.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

I finally got the latest source from DCGrendel. Will be working on some fun new features as time permits (of course, after I rewrite a bit of it from os-mode to lib-mode... damn you DCG and your custom KOS-1.1.5 :P)....
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Sounds like your having some fun there crt0, still working away at my wad files in the mean time, I bet you are learing a great deal about the engine. Has to be exciting.
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

Any plans for PWAD support? ;)
crt0 wrote:I finally got the latest source from DCGrendel. Will be working on some fun new features as time permits (of course, after I rewrite a bit of it from os-mode to lib-mode... damn you DCG and your custom KOS-1.1.5 :P)....
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Yes, that has already been implemented, just load up wintex, and modify the original Master WAD files, and your set. The only thing I'm waiting (hoping, pleading) for is Script support. Once again without it, we merely have acess to new levels, textures, sounds, weapons, items, and the like, which is kool enough, can't complain, but ya know script support would really take Dreamcast DOOM to the next level. :)

Anyhow we'll get more into this with the next release of DOOM, as for now, don't bother, the first release really is not meant much for play, but just to show that it is truly a reality in the works.