NesterDC 5.0 pre 5 released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NesterDC 5.0 pre 5 released

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

I'll post some images in here soon for those that want them.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

whats new ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

ok i just read it. my question is this, on autofire support, does that mean a dc controller with auto fire or a button you can press in the menu to turn auto fire on or not and just use a dc controller and if a button is held down it auto fires ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

"fix a crash-bug.

autofire support.

add some items to the option

adjust screen position and size.

adjust a cursor wait in rom menu.

expand max rom files to 4096 from 2048.
"

EDIT: DOH! I was too slow!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Images...

http://www.geocities.com/nestdc5pre5/

Don't forget to report any bugs you find in here so tekezo can see them & squash 'em. :D
Franco McNeil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Directories?

Post by Franco McNeil »

I remember reading in a previous statement on the one of the NESter DC site that NESter DC supports placing ROMS in sub-directories. Was the incorrect or was that taken out of future versions?

I don't remember which version it was, but it was around the time that 2 differents version were released at about the same time.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Proveaux made a patch that lets you name game folders A_NES through Z_NES although there isn't one for pre 5 yet, but when there is you can get it from:

http://www.dcvision.com/proveaux/
ty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ty »

great news to see that tekezo has fixed the crash bug. it seemed that only some people had the pre 4 crash on them but mine crashed all the time and it was a nightmare. it totally spoiled my nes gaming on dc. i burned pre 4 twice as well but no luck. thanks tekezo for sorting this bug out. now nesterdc will kick ass again.
cheers.
ty.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

It is great to see how nice this one is evolving. Good to see that Takayama Fumihiko is working on nice extra's such as the 4 player support and autofire support also. This can go to some very great things!

Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

lol...it just burned it...and it just crashed on me while playing Castlevania. That's funny, because I never encountered the crash bug on the last release.

P.S. the autofire option is sweeet :D Just hold the L trigger to toggle autofire...
ty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ty »

if it's still crashing thats bad news. i have not burned my pre 5 cd yet i think i may wait a few days and see if tekezo comes across the reason why it's still crashing and release a crash free version. strange thing is though it seems it don't crash for everyone and crashes on different versions for different people. tekezo must have found a bug which causes it to crash though to mention crash bug fixed in the pre 5 release info. i guess that maybe the crashing bug is not fully eliminated.
cheers.
ty.
Sammy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sammy »

:eek: WOW! HOLY SHIT! :eek:

I just burnt it, and it totally rocks the house. Thanks for making this awesome emulator. SMEG, and this kick ass.

PS. I just burnt it, and played it for a while...nothing crashed. Ill play with it some more, and see how it goes.

Once again, thanks for making this emu man!
For KILLER Anime Music Videos...

http://www.obsessionvideo.cjb.net/

-Sammy
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I'm really starting to think it's got to be a problem with the roms some guys are using. I never have any problems with nester, I think it is the absolute best emulator for dreamcast so far. Maybe you guys should narrow down the list of games that crash and try different roms.

Ironic that the best emulator for a sega system would be for nintendo games.

I've always wondered, hows come punchout always had problems? Are they still there?
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

The latest Nester has only crashed that one time with me...so it's not like it's really that big a deal. I just thought it was funny since the "crash bug" was supposed to be fixed, and 15 minutes after I sat down with it the first time, it crashed. Before that, I'd never had any version of it crash on me.
ty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ty »

i would be very shocked if it was the roms. i downloaded my roms with the symbol for verified good dumps. also after about 20 mins when pre 4 fix crashes it can happen on any rom. the same roms that never crashed on other versions of the emu. also if there was not a crash bug present in pre 4 fix why would tekezo say fixed crash bug in the relase info for pre 5. if it has only crashed once for vlad then maybe the bug has been fixed. after all nearly all programs or video games will crash every now and again. from my experiance that is anyhow. but pre 4 fix used to crash nearly all the time which was a nightmare.
cheers
ty.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I waited until now to go from ver 3 "latest stable release." I wish someone would have told me the pre versions supported Punchout! I would have got it as soon as it came out.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'm using pre 4 fix, never crashed once.