NGP to DC

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

NGP to DC

Post by GyroVorbis »

Neo Geo Pocket Color to Dreamcast. This sounds nice. What is it like? What would be the point of linking the two together? Is it fun?

I was born in '89 I grew up strictly Nintendo and Sega. I have no clue what SNK is. Is Neo Geo Pocket Color a good handheld without Dreamcast capabilites? Does it have a good game collection?

I wanna hook it to my DC, that sounds cool.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JuniorCrb »

it has about 30 american releases they are awsome quality they are really great IMO its a great little handheld, its known most of all for its great fighters
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

yeah, I love my NGPC. Great little system! Games are a bit scarce though.

SNK is the company behind Metal Slug, KOF, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade, Art of Fighting, etc (mostly fighters, nice ports of which make up a good chunk of the NGPC library)

as far as the linking goes, though, there's not much there. maybe someone else (or google) can fill you in. As i recall, there's only a couple of rather useless connectivities.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

There wasnt much use of the link, but least we know where Nintendo got the idea for the GC <-> GBA link up from ;)
ambientdistortions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ambientdistortions »

Gmc wrote:There wasnt much use of the link, but least we know where Nintendo got the idea for the GC <-> GBA link up from ;)
Yea... probably the same place Sega got theres.... from the rumored Atari Lynx and Jaguar link-up (that never became reality... if it hit prototype stages though who knows)
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I was never into Atari's stuff or Jaguar stuff, so I wouldnt really know or care, lol.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

tsk tsk tsk... the cable allows you to transfer information from certain games on the handheld to the console version. For instance, you might fight well @ Capcom vs. SNK for an hour and get, what? 1000 points. You play SNK vs. Capcom on the NGPC for an hour with its wide variety of games, and you will easily transfer many thousands more points and still save your thumbs. What that means is you will be able to unlock more goodies faster than you would just playing the console version only. Also, Cool Jam <-> Cool Cool Toon had connectivity as well, but I forgot what it transferred...it is one of the faqs at gamefaqs. It is pretty neat to say the least. It is only too bad that Evolution for NGPC didn't transfer stuff to Evolution for DC. However, it is kind of hard to find Evolution for NGPC.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....