question about inhabitians

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

question about inhabitians

Post by Maximo2703 »

alright i noticed this game was in the newly announced polls. i downloaded the game and burned it.. then once i loaded it into my dreamcast it showed the S+F screen and then another company screen then the game goes to black. has anyone had the same problem or even maybe know what is up with it. cause now that i see the game is in the polls makes me wanna try it even more

EDIT: i realized where i downloaded the game from some how i dont remember how but thru S+F's site i got the Seven Soups site (the other company that shows up on the game) now im wondering if that had an effect on the game not working
Barret7sc
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Barret7sc »

You got it from the right place. Actually, it shouldn't matter. You might try unplugging any memcards or VMU's to see if it loads then. Also make sure you have at least one controller plugged in ;)

Uh, if that still does not work, I don't know what to say. What type of unit are you using? PAL, NTSC, whatever.

Thanks

-Brandon
Inhabitants Developer.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Brandon i unfornetly dont have any mem cards vmu's or any special DC accessories cause i just got the system and i have the controller plugged in and im using a NTSC. now i got cdi image from Seven Soups site would it be any different if i got it straight from S+F site (considering i dont remember how i ended up gettin it from 7 Soups) everything else i ever burned worked fine
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

OK, I'm 99.9% sure it's this: Are you using VGA? if so, it's not supported on the beta release. try it on your tv.

the forthcoming release (which i'm guessing will be commercial) DOES support VGA. :P

by the way, it's "Inhabitants". :wink:
Last edited by impetus on Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

nope no VGA even though im not quite sure what that is... im just going DC to TV its just strange the 2 company screens come up but after that nothing. and i never had a problem with anything else
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

did you burn it from a .cdi (diskjuggler) file?

try waiting awhile to see if it pops up after taking awhile to load.

are you using standard VGA connections? Or s-video or composite? The behavior you described is exactly what happens on VGA so it might be related to the type of video cables.

- Austin
Inhabitants Fanboy.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i burned with the supplied .cdi file when i downloaded it. im using standard red yellow and white av cables. i tried waiting some time for it to load. i dunno dont have problems with any other games
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Barret7sc wrote:Uh, if that still does not work, I don't know what to say.
sorry, i guess try burning it again, but I think it may be your DC? I don't know if there's an sbi version but you may see if there's one on sbiffy and try that. sorry I've exhausted my ideas. :|
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well i found a verison of it on Sbiffy like you suggested impetus im gonna try it and to make it worth my wild im gonna grab some other games i didnt get yet so incase it doesnt worth work im not wasting a cd.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

alright i tried the sbiffy verison and after the 7 soups screen the system resets itself. and i noticed on the other verison i had ( the one with the orginal problem) its actually like once the 7 soups screen comes on and goes to the next when it fades to black the 7 soups screen never actually leaves you can still kind of see it. but you did say theres a commerical release so i guess i gotta wait till that comes out
Barret7sc
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Barret7sc »

*shrug*

Wish I could be of more help, but if it's getting that far, at least it's running. I don't know exactly whats going on with it. Hopefully the new version will work much better than that.

-B
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

yeah its all rather strange just lemme know when theres a new verison
Smiles
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Smiles »

OK, I'm 99.9% sure it's this: Are you using VGA? if so, it's not supported on the beta release.
The game loads up and plays fine in VGA for me, perhaps you have a defective VGA Box.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

im so happy... i downloaded the dj verison of the game that i believe Dr.zoidberg put up on the homebrew section. i was very sketpical i didnt think it would work like the others. i burned it threw it in and to my amazement IT WORKED. me and my girlfriend love it. the game kicks ass... one thing it would of been better if there was a verison of the game where you do nothing but clear the WHOLE BOARD and if there would of been power up tiles like a bomb or something tile pieces that did certain things. and my girlfriend wishes there were dolphin tiles lol. other than those complaints great game. i dunno if you have those features in your dream on release of the game but if you were to add to the game those are my suggestions. :D