Bleem!cast for MGS

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Hooka
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleem!cast for MGS

Post by Hooka »

Hello,
I was wondering, did the Jap version of the Bleem!cast for MGS ever get released? I was planning on buying MGS Integral and noticed something in the Bleem!cast forum that said there was going to be a seperate Jap version. When I asked Play-asia they said there was only the one version of the Bleem! disc, so is the ability to play integral on DC lost?

Thanks
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The Integral bleem! for Dreamcast disc was never released. The only Bleem! for Dreamcast discs that were released were for Gran Turismo 2, Metal Gear Solid (w/o support for Integral and/or the VR missions), and Tekken 3. All other discs that were in development never were released after bleem! closed.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

The [url=http://dckb.dcevo.com/bleemdc]Dreamcast Emulation Knowledge Base[/url] wrote:Why isn't MGS for Bleem!cast(US/Canada/Europe edition) compatible with the Japanese version? And is the Japanese version of Bleem!cast compatible with the others?
Rand: "There was a last-minute issue with MGS for the Japanese versions, and instead of holding up everyone on the planet any longer, we've decided to go ahead and master MGS for US/Canada/Europe seperately from the Japanese versions. There are a total of 13 versions (five for Japan, three for US/Canada, and five for Europe) -- and a change at this point would require retesting ALL versions completely if we held up the build. The net effect is pretty minimal to the vast majority of people on the planet: Japanese versions of MGS, including Integral, will NOT be compatible with the b!DC MGS pak for US/Canada/Europe -- although the disc WILL run on Japanese machines for people who imported any of the foreign versions. Similarly, the Japanese b!DC MGS pak will NOT be compatible with US/Canada/Europe, although it WILL run on any DC to support people who have purchased the Japanese import version. For obvious reasons, we will NOT be releasing a combined MGS that works with ALL worldwide versions -- after all, how many versions of MGS do *YOU* have? This isn't our first choice (or second... or third...), but it seems to us to be the fairest way of handling an unexpected issue for the greatest number of people out there -- A minority of people outside of Japan have the Japanese-specific version, and the majority of our market isn't in Japan."
For the records, only the Bleem MGS disk for US/Canada/Europe was ever released.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Hooka
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Hooka »

Crap, well now I don't have to order a different Bleem!cast, because it doesn't exist :) I was interested as to how MGS with fps mode would look on a vga monitor ;) Thanks for your help!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

you can still use the bleem disc, you would just have to get a US/Canada/Europe Version of MGS and then it would work just fine, besides you can find copies very cheap.
Hooka
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Hooka »

Yeah, but I wanted to play MGS Integral, was going to order it :) may still so I can shoot in first person view on psx.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Integral had a FPS mode? :o

Was this present in Special Missions?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

yeah i thought integral was just the VR missions packaged on the disc, something like that
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Integral had both game and VR.

It allows first person mode when you complete the main game once.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Does VR Missions allow you to play in first-person once you complete it?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!