boot disc download from this site not working !!??

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

boot disc download from this site not working !!??

Post by fergalflann »

Greetings,

I was worried about posting this but already noted there had been a discussion on this forum ( which is where I got the links )

http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/Utopia.shtml

any way I downloaded nero ver 6 , which I think is all thats available - followed the instructions on your site and
everything went fine ..no problem it seems, no errors nothing..

so I put the disk in my newly bought dreamcast waiting for this disc swap menu to come up so I can put my jap import game in and nothing happens!

I followed the faq and I like I said I had no problems so it must mean there is surely something wrong with the file ??

Any how I was hoping some one could give me some input and possible links to other files .

thanks

ferg
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

I'm a rookie I know nothing compared to other people. But I know it may sound stupid, but is your Dreamcast an unfortunate SA or a well-respected WK on bottom?
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

Super Sonic wrote:I'm a rookie I know nothing compared to other people. But I know it may sound stupid, but is your Dreamcast an unfortunate SA or a well-respected WK on bottom?
I'm not sure what SA or WA mean but I see neither abbreviations.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

I don't know what they mean either. One of the two should be in silver letters on the bottom of your 'Cast. If you have WK then it is good to go. If you have SA then it won't work no matter what.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I think this might clear up what Super Sonic is talking about. Some DC's won't boot from CD-R.

Another thing, though, is that you're using Nero 6. Try getting version 5.5 from http://www.oldversion.com and see if that solves the problem. Nero 6 doesn't like our disc images.
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

OneThirty8 wrote:I think this might clear up what Super Sonic is talking about. Some DC's won't boot from CD-R.

Another thing, though, is that you're using Nero 6. Try getting version 5.5 from http://www.oldversion.com and see if that solves the problem. Nero 6 doesn't like our disc images.
well i tried discjiggler too and the same problem.

I just noticed there was some menu programme under the boots disc section and figured that might have something to do with it, but I just tired it as well and I'm still getting nothing , also the tutorial link for the menu programme doesn't work :(

does anything work ??
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Which tutorial were you looking for?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

curt_grymala wrote:Which tutorial were you looking for?
well for what it's worth it's the DChakker one and the DemoMenu
their under the boot disc section.

the other tutorials for Nero / Discjuggler were fine so I'm pretty sure it can't be my browser ...can it ???

like I said though that demomenu didn;t work and as i can't read those tutroials i don't know how important they are in getting the boot disk to run , all I read here http://www.consolevision.com/members/fa ... orts.shtml

it says nothing about demo menu other than sticking the utopia boot disc in and waiting for the menu so you can switch discs.. :x
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I just sent ZacMC a PM about that. The tutorial is not missing, the link is just referencing the wrong document. Go to http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/dchakkertut.shtml and you will find the tutorial you were looking for.

I am not sure that DemoMenu will boot imports. I am not exactly sure which boot discs will boot imports. Utopia might be the only one that does that. I don't have any imports, so I have no way of testing things out.
DreamZone Forums

fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

curt_grymala wrote:I just sent ZacMC a PM about that. The tutorial is not missing, the link is just referencing the wrong document. Go to http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/dchakkertut.shtml and you will find the tutorial you were looking for.

I am not sure that DemoMenu will boot imports. I am not exactly sure which boot discs will boot imports. Utopia might be the only one that does that. I don't have any imports, so I have no way of testing things out.
I found it thanks but it seems more geared towards games rather than boot discs..

well I heard of some like gameshark, I haven't tried the older version of nero so I guess I may as well try that next ..

I suppose it would be nice to to know whether you need something like demomenu to run to use utopia or whether it's supposed to just run on it's own , because right now I don't know
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Utopia should run all by itself. It should be a "boot disc", which means it should boot up the DC, then you take it out, and put in whatever you want booted.

I would suggest the following things:

Try an older version of Nero
or
Try Alcohol 120%
or
Download the plain files of the Utopia boot disc, and use Selfboot to burn the disc.

There is a tutorial on my web site explaining how to burn a disc with Selfboot. The tutorial is called "How To Use CDRecord"
DreamZone Forums

fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

curt_grymala wrote:Utopia should run all by itself. It should be a "boot disc", which means it should boot up the DC, then you take it out, and put in whatever you want booted.

or
Try Alcohol 120%
or
Download the plain files of the Utopia boot disc, and use Selfboot to burn the disc.

There is a tutorial on my web site explaining how to burn a disc with Selfboot. The tutorial is called "How To Use CDRecord"
thanks....

what do I do if none of that works ??

I mean the reason I bough the dreamcast was basically for 1 game , and it's only on import ( superfire pro wrestling d )

ferg
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

fergalflann wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:Utopia should run all by itself. It should be a "boot disc", which means it should boot up the DC, then you take it out, and put in whatever you want booted.

or
Try Alcohol 120%
or

Well i've tried all of those and nothing has worked ..AGAIN

which leaves with your final option ..

I don't suppose any one out there can try and burn one of these boot discs to see if they even get the to the part where their asked to swap discs, I mean if someone else was getting the same results as me then it must me there is something wrong with the progs here .. :o
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

the progs here .. :o[/quote]

where are the plain files ?

i don't see anything listed for etopia
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Go to http://www.megagames.com and download boot discs there. Also use diskjuggler(demo) to burn whatever. Make sure your dreamcast is the year 1999 and only use cd-r cds. I wouldnt use alcohol 120 if i would you. I use that and after i unstall the program, it gave my drive D problems. I dont think putting up a F drive is a good idea on any computer.
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

fergalflann wrote:Download the plain files of the Utopia boot disc, and use Selfboot to burn the disc.
the progs here .. :o
where are the plain files ?

i don't see anything listed for etopia[/quote]

You are correct. There is no plain files download for Utopia. My fault.

Try checking out my tutorial on "What Do I Do With a CDI or NRG?" It explains how to extract the plain files from an image, so that you can make your own.
DreamZone Forums

Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Images on this site work fine ive burnt them long time ago. dc hakker has been known to boot imports but ive never tryed it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

U.2.K. wrote:Go to http://www.... and download boot discs there. Also use diskjuggler(demo) to burn whatever. Make sure your dreamcast is the year 1999 and only use cd-r cds. I wouldnt use alcohol 120 if i would you. I use that and after i unstall the program, it gave my drive D problems. I dont think putting up a F drive is a good idea on any computer.
your link is not working, i tried it but it just redirects me .

I checked my dreamcast model and it is fine, I don't know what year it is but I checked it here http://www.dcemulation.org/article-supported.htm
and it's the version thats made in Indonesia.

I suppose the only other opition is to buy the damm thing :(
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

fergalflann wrote:
U.2.K. wrote:Go to http://www.... and download boot discs there. Also use diskjuggler(demo) to burn whatever. Make sure your dreamcast is the year 1999 and only use cd-r cds. I wouldnt use alcohol 120 if i would you. I use that and after i unstall the program, it gave my drive D problems. I dont think putting up a F drive is a good idea on any computer.
That's because (I am almost certain) the link was directing you to a site with WAREZ, so a moderator probably deleted the link.

You already tried extracting the files from the image you downloaded, and then created your own selfboot image from it?
DreamZone Forums

fergalflann
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by fergalflann »

curt_grymala wrote:
fergalflann wrote:
That's because (I am almost certain) the link was directing you to a site with WAREZ, so a moderator probably deleted the link.

You already tried extracting the files from the image you downloaded, and then created your own selfboot image from it?
I'm working on it , but I won't be able to do it till later so I'll let you know, if your interested, how it goes then.

I don't suppose any of you guys would be willing to send me a c_ _ y if none of this works out ?