Is This Possible

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
DCCase
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is This Possible

Post by DCCase »

Is it possible to place Hexen, Heretic, Doom 1/2/Final/etc. onto one selfboot disc, if so how?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Yes, but you must get .Sbi files and selfboot inducer. go to http://www.sbiffy.com for help and the right files.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DCCase
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCCase »

Nope I can't get it, tried burning a disc using with the retail versons of Hexen and Doom (which I own, so this is not wearz!) but it still only loads Doom, and for some reason it acts as the shareware version.

I already wasted 3 CDs on it and thats enough. Oh well at lease I know how to get the emulators on this site to self-boot.

Thanks anyway, its something stupid on my part.
Ze_ro
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ze_ro »

You have to use more than one program to do what you want. You can use nxDoom to get all the Doom games to work, but you'll need Bero's ports of Heretic and Hexen in order to play those. There are SBI files for all three at Sbiffy, and once you have Selfboot Inducer unzip them, you can stick your commercial WAD files into there (the SBI files can't legally contain anything other than the shareware WAD files).

Once the disc is properly burned, it'll bring up a menu from which you can choose Heretic, Hexen, or nxDoom (which will have it's own menu for Doom 2, Final Doom, etc).

--Zero
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

yeah i think the doom sbi he's using prolly has the shareware wad in it...he needs to replace it with his commercial wad
DCCase
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCCase »

No, you don't understand, I did replace the shareware wad with the commercial version.

Once I loaded it into the DC it told me that I was using the shareware version, and only the first episode was available.

The wad I used was the Ultimate Doom version, does that make a difference?