DC Linux or other OS?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MurphmanL
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC Linux or other OS?

Post by MurphmanL »

Hey guys are there any Dreamcast Operating Systems out there kinda like Windows that I can get hold of? One that I could burn to a cd and then run from there? Ive heard there is something called DC Linux, does anyone know the download link for it? Thanks.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

no

Post by aced411 »

Not really. Nothing useful or necessarily fun to tool around with. There is a working version of linux available, but think linux in the early days. When using a television the screen is partially cut off. Can't handle KDE, gnome, or any good gui's (windows type environment), and it doesn't come with any additional software. Besides it's kind of useless without a writable disk drive. I think there is a version of NetBSD but that's even more stripped down than the linux distro.