Beats fo rage

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
wataru
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Beats fo rage

Post by wataru »

Could anyone give me a tutorial of how to burn this great looking game?

I have downloaded it from the website but do not know what to do next.

I have three files .cdi, .nfo and exe

thanks
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

First, make sure you downloaded the DC image, because when I dled it, I got a .cdi image and a read me
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

Wataru,

Here's what I did. It should work for you as long as you have the Mac Pack Applications and Toast Titanium 5 (unsure about other versions)

1. Download the DC zip file
2. Uncompress/expand with Stuffit Expander if necessary. This will give you a .CDI file.
3. Use the application "CDI Rip 0.5" which is part of the "Mac Pack 4" utilities. These can be found at: http://www.dcemulation.org/mactools.htm
When you run CDI rip, it will ask for you to locate the CDI file then ask you to specify a location for its output files. Do this and it will output an Audio file and a data file. Any other files can be ignored in this case.
4. Open toast. (I'm using Toast Titanium 5.2). Choose "Multitrack CD-Rom XA" as the disc format in the "Other" menu (If you have toast 6, take a look at the post elsewhere in the Mac Users Forum "Toast 6...").
5. Drag the audio file into the toast window and burn as a session.
6. Reinsert the CD-R if it's automatically ejected, or choose Edit > Clear from the toast menu at the top of your screen.
7. Burn the Data file next, but burn as disc, not session.
8. Pop the disc in your DC and happy fighting. It will autoboot.

Good luck.
cubeman80
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by cubeman80 »

Bertrude wrote:Wataru,

Here's what I did. It should work for you as long as you have the Mac Pack Applications and Toast Titanium 5 (unsure about other versions)

1. Download the DC zip file
2. Uncompress/expand with Stuffit Expander if necessary. This will give you a .CDI file.
3. Use the application "CDI Rip 0.5" which is part of the "Mac Pack 4" utilities. These can be found at: http://www.dcemulation.org/mactools.htm
When you run CDI rip, it will ask for you to locate the CDI file then ask you to specify a location for its output files. Do this and it will output an Audio file and a data file. Any other files can be ignored in this case.
4. Open toast. (I'm using Toast Titanium 5.2). Choose "Multitrack CD-Rom XA" as the disc format in the "Other" menu (If you have toast 6, take a look at the post elsewhere in the Mac Users Forum "Toast 6...").
5. Drag the audio file into the toast window and burn as a session.
6. Reinsert the CD-R if it's automatically ejected, or choose Edit > Clear from the toast menu at the top of your screen.
7. Burn the Data file next, but burn as disc, not session.
8. Pop the disc in your DC and happy fighting. It will autoboot.

Good luck.
I did exactly that and it doesn't work. I have wasted 3 discs on this game and still have nothing to show for it. :cry:
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

That might not work if your burner doesn't put the end of the second session in exactly the same position as the burner that was used to create the disc the image was made from.

You'd be better off using isofix on the generated ISO image, to generate a pair of ISO images that you can burn using Toast. I don't have the exact steps for a Mac, because I don't have one, but I did use the same programs to burn BoR on my Linux machine.

Here's what I did.

1 - Download the image, which is in a ZIP, RAR, or something like that
2 - Extract the CDI file from the file
3 - Run cdirip on the CDI image, which generated a CUE file, one WAV file, and one ISO. It also gives you an LBA (11700 for me)
4 - Delete the CUE and WAV files
5 - Run isofix, give it the image file (tdata02.iso probably), and the LBA (11700)
6 - You should now have fixed.iso and header.iso, which you should be able to burn the same way as above.
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

Hi,

I'm sorry my advice didn't work for you. You may have problems if you're burning at high speeds. I burnt the disc at 4x. I've burnt the game twice now using this method and it's been fine. I know it sounds daft but is your DC CD-rom compatible? Some of the later made models weren't.

Other than that I'm unsure what you can do.

The iso fix route mentioned above may do the job.