I no longer merely want an XBox

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Kron »

Im not a huge PS2 fan but its easy to come up with a real quality list even without RPG's or Platformers...

Winning Eleven 7
Dodonpachi Daioujou
Shutoku Battle Zero One
Devil May Cry
Psyvariar Complete Edition
Gitaroo Man
Time Crisis 2
Gran Turismo 3
Sky Gunner
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Onimusha 2
Dropship
Guilty Gear X2
Mina no Golf 4 (Everybody's Golf)
Gundam AUG vs Titans
Taiko No Tatsujin
Gacharoku
Chain Dive
Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Lunchbox wrote: Challenge to PS2 fans:
List 10 exclusive (if its on PC, it doesnt count as exclusive, and if it was released in anothe country on a different platform, it isnt exclusive either) games on the PS2 that are good... and aren't RPGs or platformers
zero wrote: Now you can't have a prequel and a sequel, unless its one of the FF games, so thats only 9 games one more to go.
So why did you both list games that were released in another country on a different platform and were sequels?

Fanboyism and hypocrisy do go hand in hand I guess...

EDIT: CK.... do you really stand by that list of yours as 'good exclusive games?' :?
Games like Phantom Crash or Buffy might be fun enough for a couple of hours, but I sure as hell wouldn't tout them as reasons to own an Xbox, which is what this topic seems to be heading towards...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

People have preferances. Fighing over the consoles will never accomplish a single thing.

No one's gonna go out and get the console you're fighting for after reading this..
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Dr Wily wrote:CK.... do you really stand by that list of yours as 'good exclusive games?' :?
Games like Phantom Crash or Buffy might be fun enough for a couple of hours, but I sure as hell wouldn't tout them as reasons to own an Xbox, which is what this topic seems to be heading towards...
As reasons to own an Xbox? No, you are of course right :wink: I was just responding to EvilN's pointless challenge ie not including exclusive sports and driving games as reasons to buy a console when infact two of the biggest reasons to own a PS2 are driving and sports titles (The Gran Turismo and Pro Evolution Soccer series)

You are indeed right. I did not and would not buy an Xbox just for the exclusive content.

The reasons why I own one are pretty clear as I've already stated:-

A huge number of console exclusive games
Multi-format titles (not including EA although they will support Xbox Live eventually)
Xbox Live
Homebrew and Emulation capabilities

Believe me, I would own a PS2 if I was really interested in Eastern RPGs and niche Japanese titles. The main reason I don't own one is because two consoles, a PC capable of running Half Life and Championship Manager 4 and a GBA are more than enough to fill my spare time and fulfill my gaming needs. I buy too many games as it is and I can't spend my entire life playing games :)
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

EvilN wrote:
Tom Clancy games are pants by nature.
Somebody hasn't played Splinter Cell, which was also an Xbox exclusive title for a while before it got ported to PC and PS2
EvilN wrote: .and how is DOA3 going to be on xbox live ? If it has already been released?
They're releaseing DOA Online which will have DOA3 and some other DOA games packaged in too.
EvilN wrote:
Counter Strike on xbox isn't out yet
it's been out for a few weeks now
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

CoasterKing wrote: The reasons why I own one are pretty clear as I've already stated:-

A huge number of console exclusive games
Multi-format titles (not including EA although they will support Xbox Live eventually)
Xbox Live
same with me. like i said before, the games i mostly wanted to buy are multi-platform games, so why not get all of the Xbox plusses that aren't on the other systems (custom soundracks for one, a huge selling point for me :D )?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

CoasterKing wrote: A huge number of console exclusive games
Xbox Live

Believe me, I would own a PS2 if I was really interested in Eastern RPGs and niche Japanese titles. The main reason I don't own one is because two consoles, a PC capable of running Half Life and Championship Manager 4 and a GBA are more than enough to fill my spare time and fulfill my gaming needs. I buy too many games as it is and I can't spend my entire life playing games :)
That was partly the reasons for my choice of getting an Xbox, and why I still don't own a PAL-poor PS2, except:

most of the 'console exclusives' (you mean games also available on PC right?) I actually get for PC instead for free online / modding potential / controls / reduced likelihood of the game being screwed up in port

most multi format titles that appear on Xbox *at best* are woefully badly optimised for Xbox so there is almost nothign between the Xbox and GC versiosn, so I just get the GC version instead, as I much much prefer the controller and reduced loading times
Whats worse is far more often the games just suck horribly and the PS2 version outshines them (Im looking at you here EA)

Don't even get me started on Xbox Live :evil:

and the vast majority of Xbox homebrew / emulation available is, how shall I put this, out and out illegal - sure, the potentials there, but as long as release groups just release XDKwarez quick controller hacked ports, nobodys ever going to explore that potential.

That combined with the fact there isnt a single game Im interested in being released on Xbox until next xmas (assuming titles like Fable don't slip anymore) means I have a bitter taste in my consumers mouth that I bought the wrong console just because it was cheap :|

EDIT: on the other hand, I do watch DVDs on my Xbox so, yeah. It doesn't just gather dust like it would if it couldn't play them and if I hadn't bought a dvd remote.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Go on enlighten me about the PS2 Online :lol: :lol: :lol:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Not yet.I let the xbox fanboys use halo until it came out, I expect the same.
Its been out over here for about a week now.
So why did you both list games that were released in another country on a different platform and were sequels?
If you took a nice long look at my post instead of just going, hmm yeah him again time to reply, you would of seen i said a sequel or a prequel, so in other words one or the other but not both.
Fanboyism and hypocrisy do go hand in hand I guess...

You seem to know a lot about that :wink: ...
most multi format titles that appear on Xbox *at best* are woefully badly optimised for Xbox so there is almost nothign between the Xbox and GC versiosn, so I just get the GC version instead, as I much much prefer the controller

Yeah but you see a lot of us here (Well me anyways), likes the xbox controller for playing racing games and shooting games etc over the gc controller, unless its a platform, or adventure type game, gc pad works great for them :D .

Anyway the only point im trying to make, is forget about any of the other consoles for now, if you didn't have a pc or ps2 or gc, and you only had an xbox, your saying you wouldn't have a choice of good games on it?. cos thats the point im trying to make.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

zero wrote:Yeah but you see a lot of us here (Well me anyways), likes the xbox controller for playing racing games and shooting games etc over the gc controller, unless its a platform, or adventure type game, gc pad works great for them :D .

Anyway the only point im trying to make, is forget about any of the other consoles for now, if you didn't have a pc or ps2 or gc, and you only had an xbox, your saying you wouldn't have a choice of good games on it?. cos thats the point im trying to make.
man i love the xbox controller S, the best controller available IMO. it's true that it's best for certain types of games, but i find it to be just as good for every other type of game i've played with it so far.

and yeah, the xbox does have lots of great games. just because most of them don't suit someone's particular tastes doesn't make them bad games, right? i guess that's where the differences in the systems are, they generally cater to different audiences
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

perry2175 wrote:People have preferances. Fighing over the consoles will never accomplish a single thing.

No one's gonna go out and get the console you're fighting for after reading this..
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Random_Troll wrote:
perry2175 wrote:People have preferances. Fighing over the consoles will never accomplish a single thing.

i think it's funny how this whole aregument started :lol: somebody says they want an xbox, the discusion then turns to shenmue 2 and somebody says the DC version is better (surprise surprise :roll: ), then it turns into a console bashing war. admit it, everyone here is a fanboy in some way
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

everyone here is a fanboy in some way
Yeah because everyone invested there hard earned cash into one of the consoles and expects some good games and a good system life outta tha thing Or if its ninty or sega its because of greatness in the past :mrgreen:
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Somebody hasn't played Splinter Cell, which was also an Xbox exclusive title for a while before it got ported to PC and PS2
It was always announced it was coming to pc,ps2, and gamecube..:-?

And xbox is my favorite console (only rivaled by my ps2 because of square-enix rpgs/megaman games)...I'm just saying it has few exclusive games.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

This is the way it works for me, i have my ps2, for some great RPG games thats not on any of the other consoles and for most 2d beat em ups. i use my gc for some great exclusive games from nintendo, and the resident evil games and some other exclusive 3rd party games. and i use my xbox for my FPS, racing games and just about everything else, so really all my consoles have a use, but for now my most used console is my xbox, partly cos of the great emus, and cos thats the console that i mostly get all my multi platform games for, so everyone should stop hating on one console and see that they each have a use, and when you own the 3 of them along with a DC you have the ultimate games console (Starts thinking about buying a big case and putting the 4 of them in it :D ).
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

everyone here is a fanboy in some way
not me.
A few months ago i was all PS2 but after noticing that most of the best games, if not all, are being released on both PS2 and xbox e.g Prince of Persia i realised the xbox is the best way to go.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing